Wanted: 440 AM transceiver, ATV stuff

K3RW

Wanted: 440 AM transceiver, ATV stuff

Post by K3RW » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm in the US so not sure abt parcel/shipping but my post code is 98683. I'm in Washington state though my callsign was originally Pennsylvania (reassigned from a SK).

I'm looking for 440 AM equipment since our ATV group runs on AM in, FM out. The local guys when out of area just use their transceivers on 440AM.

The frequency we use is 426.26mhz AM. There are other common channels but I need one that has a crystal to tx 426. Some PC Electronics ATV units have multiple crystals. As long as I can get 426, I'll gladly take others too. I prefer a transceiver but will consider a transmitter as well, particularly if you have a downcoverter that I can use too.

A 426AM downcoverter is needed also whether or not I get a transceiver. Some downconverters are tuneable, some are fixed. As along as I can get 426 AM it should be fine.

Its tough to find US sellers willing to part with stuff. ATV makers are all but gone. I see kits from Australia but that's about all. Unless you know where I should be looking.

International Crystal Manufacturing is going out of business and I dont know of others crystal makers for ATV units. Maybe you know of some.

Need a camera also. Let me know what you have and we'll go from there.

Anything else you think I need, let me know.

Email is greg_winters (at) hotmail .com (spaced it out to prevent scammers).

K3RW

K3RW

Re: Wanted: 440 AM transceiver, ATV stuff

Post by K3RW » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:30 am

The crystals we're looking for are HC-50 or HC-25 type, series 5th resonant overtone. The frequency on the crystal would be 106mhz (it might be 106.625, etc.).

Return to “Wanted Ads Archive”