Deaf Winterhill

The place for discussion about the 4-channel WinterHill DATV Receiver
G4EWJ

Re: Deaf Winterhill

Post by G4EWJ » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:26 pm

Perhaps the RPi itself is faulty? Can you try doing some internet things and see if it misbehaves. If it does, then remove it from the WH and try again.

The errors you mention are all to do with the I2C bus. Are you running ZR6TG's software? I'm not familiar with exactly how that works.

>>If the NIM's are faulty, why do I not get any output now to the Remote software ?

I don't follow that.

Brian

g3uis

Post by g3uis » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Brian

Thanks, yes I’m using his software, but I did try the original viewer with no change.

I have a spare Pi so I could just swap but I will try internet etc.

My comment was when I first had the fault I could see the low MER in the remote viewer. Since I messed around with the jumpers etc, I now get no output at all from the pi remotely. So I can’t send a freq to it now.

The NIMs flash as they always did on boot up. I did get VLC windows on the local pi, but didn’t know actually how to tune it !

Unfortunately at my time in my radio career, I’m not as experienced on this stuff

Tony

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:51 pm

>>Thanks, yes I’m using his software, but I did try the original viewer with no change.

I'm not sure how his viewer interacts with WH. The standard viewer has no direct interaction.

It's the PICs that do the flashing. They should flash in sync at power up, flash one after the other when the WH software checks the version number over the I2C bus and in sync again when the WH software resets the whole board.

Brian

g3uis

Post by g3uis » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:58 pm

Ok thanks. When I was interacting with the pi locally it seemed to work as expected. Also I did the PIC test which was fine. I did check the IP hadn’t changed but it hadn’t.

The PIC,s flash as you described

So I guess I will try my spare PI as the next step

Tony

Return to “The WinterHill DATV Receiver”