Use of QO100 for Knucker testing

Discussion about the Knucker DVB-T Tuner DVB-T Receive Software. See also https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Knucker
g8gtz

Use of QO100 for Knucker testing

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:01 am

Can we just remind Beta testers that QO100 should only be used for initial "is it working" tests.

These should be specific tests, and not endless long broadcasts of Bunny, and should be carried out the lower 1.5 MHz of the “Wide and Narrow DATV” Segment up to 10494.0 MHz which the band plan says is available for experimentation.

DVB-T was never designed for use on satellites - we know it will work - and we are much more interested in data from your tests on the intended applications of UHF mobile, 29, 50 and 70 MHz.

Noel - G8GTZ

G8YTZ

Re: Use of QO100 for Knucker testing

Post by G8YTZ » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:57 am

Noel,

what's the recommended centre frequency on 29MHz?

Justin.

M0DTS

Post by M0DTS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 am

See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=7166

Rob

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:55 pm

This got me thinking on how will I generate a signal on 10m and receive it. The Pluto won't transmit on 10m. The Lime does but will need filtering. The Lime RFE which would do that, shows no sign of turning up. There isn't a receiver that works at 28.25MHz but the 6/4m upconverter could be adapted. So, I amused myself this morning developing a basic 2m to 10m transverter. You can just go out and buy a 10m to 2m one and use it backwards so I am not sure it is worth taking further. I decided to use Sam G4DDKs LO design and have two independent converters running at the same time, full duplex to allow reception of what's sending which is often useful.

Mike

HB9AFO

Post by HB9AFO » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 pm

As you, I consider that the main goal of the radioamateur is the experimentation and not the diffusion of videos or films. But sometimes it's necessary to test a transmission in live for a long time (crash or stability tests). In this case, it's necessary to use videos ou films because you can't be sure that the DATV is not freezing if you don't send moving images with sound. That's for this reason that I have personnaly used such videos in the past. But I have to tell that I have the authorizations (copyright) to diffuse these videos, they are from my own production or from friends (I am working in the swhobiz).

About DVB-T, it's clear that it's place is not on QO-100 because the DVB-S is more efficient in this "satellite" usage. DVB-T is the best in terrestrial mobile or in fixe in mountains regions. But, from my personal point of view, the experimentation must prevail on our bands and particularly on QO-100 because, on it, we can find correspondants for testing, that is not always the case locally. For this reason, I would appreciate a little bit of tolerance of the QO-100 team in regard with experimentation. Personally I make my maximum to do my tests after 00h00, when it's nobody on the transponder.

Thanks to the QO-100 team to have put this beautiful linear transponder in the air. I am personnally very grateful to all the people that have worked for this.

73 michel hb9afo
www.hb9afo.ch

IU2KAC

Post by IU2KAC » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:35 pm

I started my Tests in DVB-T, for now only reception.
But I won't hide from you that I would also like to try it in TX.
Can you tell me what is your configuration to transmit in DVB-T?
Thanks for collaboration.

Return to “The Knucker DVB-T Tuner and Receive Software”