Have I built the wrong thing?

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
g1tzc

Have I built the wrong thing?

Post by g1tzc » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm

I'm very new to this stuff. Am starting to wonder if I have got something wrong.

Thanks yo Steve (G8XPZ) for helping me to test the Knucker. So I know that bit works.

I have also powered up the raspberry Pi and that is working. It happily runs the Ryde software.

However there is a red screen problem about source not connected.

Having done some reading it seems that the Knucker doesn't run with the lovely Ryde box that I have just repurposed an old commercial set top box for.

Am I right in thinking this is correct and do I now need to build a PicoTuner instead? :x

Many thanks for any pointers.

Neil.

g8lce

Re: Have I built the wrong thing?

Post by g8lce » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:05 am

You could try out the Portsdown 4 system by reprogramming your Ryde ( use a different sd card and keep the ryde one so you can go back to it ). Use the Portsdown console remote mode from a PC so you do not need anything else. See viewtopic.php?f=103&t=8376

Martin G8LCE

g1tzc

Re: Have I built the wrong thing?

Post by g1tzc » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:55 pm

Hi Martin,

Yes I did exactly that. The mistake I made was not realising that the Knucker was -T.

I have now had a rethink and intend to build the -S board and fit it in the set top box but route the usb to the outside word then back in to the onboard PI so that I can then patch it to a Ports down with the -T board already inside and use the set top box as an external -S option.

Then I can run Ryde on the set top box and Ports down on a custom box on top. In an ideal world I will find another box similar so that they look good as well.

Neil.

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”