Ryde s/w with a v1.0 Minitioune

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
G6MNJ

Ryde s/w with a v1.0 Minitioune

Post by G6MNJ » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Whilst I would not consider building this combination today, I wondered if it would work in this fixed mode below?

Ryde / MiniT v1.0 tuned to 1316Mhz, 2Ms/s, DVB-S2, QPSK, H265 and the received stream sent to the BATC streamer.

I ask as our repeater is currently streamed via a PC with STB and OBS. So if a v1 minitiouner Ryde combo would work we have one going spare it just needs the USB interface.

Thanks

Paul G6MNJ

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Ryde s/w with a v1.0 Minitioune

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:09 pm

Hi Paul

Although I tried, I was unable to capture the screen of a Ryde to re-stream it. I would suggest that the best solution that we have available currently is to use one of the LinkPi devices taking the HDMI from the Ryde and streaming it. Low power consumption and reliable.

I would suggest the LinkPi Enc V2 such as the one available here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartfly-info- ... B08TC7V3T6, but you can probably find it cheaper. The LinkPi Tiny is not as good.

Dave, G8GKQ

g8lce

Re: Ryde s/w with a v1.0 Minitioune

Post by g8lce » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:27 am

That is the way it has been done for quite a while but while I was away for three weeks the system failed. I reset it by switching it off and on remotely (from 39000ft in an Air New Zealand plane with free WiFi !). Later when I got home I tested the system and found that switching the Ryde and Minitiouner at the same time seemed to stop the system. Switching the Ryde and LinkPi encoder and leaving the Minitiouner powered seems to work as a reset. The LinkPi encoder works well as a RTSP feed for the 1080HD pictures and I am not sure how many people can use it at one time. You use VLC to see it
rtsp://82.144.238.35:8889/live/0
I have a fixed IP address and at this time this is a satellite RX being used for reception. (Switching to Ryde later)
The main reason for the RTSP feed was the delay using the BATC Streamer allthough you can reduce that is some ways, many users still watch the delayed feed so interaction between users on GB3NQ is interupted by 30 seconds of the next user looking at the streaming feed before talking!

Martin G8LCE

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”