ELAD Minitiouner

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
DK1KIK

ELAD Minitiouner

Post by DK1KIK » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:16 am

Hello,

I have a problem with the ELAD tiouner and the RYDE software, the HDMI output only says "Source not connected" the background is red. The Tiouner works on Portsdown 4. Does anyone have tips for me? Incidentally, I have not yet configured a remote control and additional board.

Thanks an 73
DK1KIK

René

DK1KIK

Re: ELAD Minitiouner

Post by DK1KIK » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:04 am

Hello

OK, I'll try to give a little more information again, I've already set up the PI twice. Are there LOGs where I can see what's going wrong? If so, which logs? Can anyone confirm that the ELAD Minitiouner basically runs with Ryde software?
I'm hoping someone has some tips for me to figure out what's going on

dk1kik
René

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:50 am

The Ryde is designed to work with the BATC Minitiouner v2 PCB and the Serit FTS-4334LV tuner/NIM.

Other configurations are not supported.

Clive G3GJA

DK1KIK

Post by DK1KIK » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:22 pm

Hello Clive,

thank you very much for the information.
This is of course not nice, especially now that the Serit FTS-4334LV tuner/NIM tuner is very difficult to obtain. Isn't there the possibility of implementing the ELAD tuner too?

greetings
dk1kik
René

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:17 pm

It all depends on the chipset used on the ELAD tuner. Often the detailed tuner information needed to modify the Ryde software has access restricted by the manufacturer unless an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is signed.

Do you have any information on the ELAD tuner? You say it works with the Portsdown, but what symbol rates have you been able to receive?

Clive

Update: I've just tracked down the ELAD tuner and see that it uses a Serit tuner. That leaves the serial>USB interface as being a possible cause of the incompatibility. Maybe it doesn't have the same programming as used in the BATC version or exactly the same FTDI chip. Either way it would need detailed technical information from ELAD and a test unit to experiment with.

I don't think the developers would want to spend over 200 Euros to get an ELAD tuner.

Clive

DK1KIK

Post by DK1KIK » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:54 am

Hello Clive,

yes, with Portsdown 4 I get a Picture, the ELAD tuner is recognized. S/r is 333. Sure, I understand that, €200 is a lot of money. What I can offer is to make my ELAD Tuner available to developers for a certain amount of time.

René

PE1CHY

Post by PE1CHY » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:32 am

Hi René,

The ELAD tuner uses the same hardware as all other "mini-tioune" designs and should work with the Ryde, portsdown, Mini-Tioune and OpenTuner software.
I think if your Ryde build refuses to work there may be something wrong with the installation of the Ryde software.
You can verify your ELAD receiver with the OpenTuner software on your PC
73 Rob PE1CHY

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:56 am

Beware the ELAD tuner. It has some issues with the LNB power option. Also if you are using minitioune, you may need to make some minor modifications to allow the programme to recognise it.

Mike

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:58 am

PE1CHY wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:32 am
Hi René,

The ELAD tuner uses the same hardware as all other "mini-tioune" designs and should work with the Ryde, portsdown, Mini-Tioune and OpenTuner software.
I think if your Ryde build refuses to work there may be something wrong with the installation of the Ryde software.
You can verify your ELAD receiver with the OpenTuner software on your PC
73 Rob PE1CHY
Same hardware, but how is the FTDI module programmed? That may be all you need to do. Read the Wiki for the Minitiouner V2 module programming and see if that gets you any further.

DK1KIK

Post by DK1KIK » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:57 am

Hello,

thanks for al the infos,

indeed, with portsdown it all works, the only thing I notice is that s/r 333 remains after about 5 seconds, 500 s/r works flawlessly. I'm going to study the programming, the Opentuner software recognizes the ELAD-Tiouner in any case. I didn't have an image yet because I first have to study the operation of the Software.

As far as Ryde Software is concerned it would be good if I had some information about log files that I can look into, does anyone have that information for me?

Groeten
greetings 73
René
dk1kik

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”