Ryde Software Update

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
G8GKQ
Site Admin

Ryde Software Update

Post by G8GKQ » Sat May 06, 2023 2:53 pm

I have just published a Ryde software update (202305030). The new features are minor:
  • A player ID can be displayed in the top left of the Ryde display. The ID is defined by adding the text

Code: Select all

playerID: "This is the ID"
    on the second line of the config file. The ID is displayed by inserting the text

PLAYERID: null
    in the “osd active” section of the config file for momentary display (along with the other parameters), and the same text in the “osd inactive” section for permanent display. The ID can be moved around the screen or changed in size in the same way as the other items (see the config.sample.yaml file for an example). This feature is only available through manual editing of the config file (/home/pi/ryde/config.yaml).
  • If the text

useFTfont: True
    is added to the debug section of the config file, emojis in the Service Information are correctly displayed; however, this introduces a memory leak that crashes the Ryde after a few hours, so it is not a recommended setting. The default is

useFTfont: False
  • H266 encoded video is indicated as H.266 (rather than 51?) in the OSD, but of course does not display.
  • Two more remote controls have been added, another Sagem STB and the Sony RM-ED005.
  • New builds should be based on the latest Buster release 2023-05-03.
The update does not overwrite the existing config file, and all the new features that require config file changes default to off if the new entries are not present. To add the new features, the config file needs to be edited with a text editor and Ryde restarted. New-build config files include the new entries, but set to be off.

Thanks to Tim MW0RUD and to the remote control definition contributors for continuing to support this project.

The update process is slow as there have been lots of operating system changes since the last Ryde update. Please post any problems with the update here.

Dave, G8GKQ

G8YTZ

Re: Ryde Software Update

Post by G8YTZ » Fri May 12, 2023 8:12 am

Thanks Dave, I particularly like the "Player ID" feature. This will be really useful for me at home to identify each Ryde. Currently I use the ATEM Text overlay, but HDMI plugs can (and do) get swapped!

Justin.

Philippe

Re: Ryde Software Update

Post by Philippe » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:20 am

Hello Dave
I hope you don't mind but I have a problem with RYDE which can be simple to solve but I am not a computer person
I would like to permanently display the REPORT on the screen I made the modifications in the config.yaml but after reboot no indication I am on the exit
HDMI it works on the analog output of the PI4
An observation when you put in the config the indication VOLUME in the config it works permanently in HDMI (output on the right of the PI4 power supply)
I think there's a problem that I can't solve
With my apologies for my bad English
Best Regards
Philippe F5AOD

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”