Ryde with Minitioune and Knucker receivers

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
G6MNJ

Ryde with Minitioune and Knucker receivers

Post by G6MNJ » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:28 pm

I can see from the Ryde SSH menu that it looks straightforward to install the Knucker to the Ryde receiver. I presume it will continue to support the minitioune tuner which was originally there and the Knucker works in harmony with it? I plan to install it on site in the next few days.

The hope is to have both tuners running on the Ryde receiver which in turn is connected to our repeater GB3NQ. So if a DVB-S signal is 'heard' the Ryde will lock on to it raise the appropriate pin to tell our HDMI switch to select the output from this Ryde and likewise the same for a DVB-T signal too.

Thanks in advance
Paul G6MNJ

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Ryde with Minitioune and Knucker receivers

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi Paul

The Knucker DVB-T receive software is installed by default on the Ryde. However, it is not integrated with the MiniTioune LongMynd software, so will not scan through channels or share the scan with MiniTiouner. It is single channel.

This is because the scanning is a LongMynd (DVB-S/S2 software) function, not a Ryde function.

Dave

G6MNJ

Post by G6MNJ » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:23 pm

OK Knucker being single channel and one SR is almost certainly a good thing given extended lock up time for DVB-T.

So I assume both hardware receivers will work and if there is DVB-S(2) signals then that receiver gets Ryde making a video signal and sound etc as says on its active pin here is a locked signal

And if a DVB-T signal comes in the Ryde does the same produces video etc

I was going to ask about priority if both signals were coming in but of course neither would be valid would they as they are interfering with each other.

Thanks Paul

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Hi Paul

Not quite. You have to set which tuner you want the Ryde to use (set as a band). So it can either use a MiniTiouner (LONGMYND), a Knucker (COMBITUNER) or receive a stream (RTMPSTREAM), but cannot monitor more than one.

This extract from the bands section of the default config file illustrates the point:

Code: Select all

10368: &band10368
        source: LONGMYND
        lofreq: 9750000
        loside: LOW
        pol: NONE
        port: BOTTOM
        gpioid: 7
    437T: &band437T
        source: COMBITUNER
        lofreq: 0
        loside: SUM
        gpioid: 2
    BATC Streamer: &stream
        source: RTMPSTREAM
        domain: rtmp.batc.org.uk
        rtmpapp: live
        networkTimeout: 5
        networkTimeoutInit: 25
        gpioid: 0
The frequencies that you want are then set as presets within the defined band. The full config file is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Briti ... onfig.yaml

I'm pretty sure that it produces a locked signal for DVB-T signals, but it would be worth checking.

Dave

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”