Now Safe to Update or Build Ryde

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
G4GHD

Re: Now Safe to Update or Build Ryde

Post by G4GHD » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:50 pm

Many thanks, working fine now.

dl9sec

Post by dl9sec » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:52 pm

Hi,

there seems to be still issues with the latest Ryde build.

I have the effect, that some transmissions makes my Ryde player crashing after several seconds and the console is shown.
The syslog just shows, that the ftdi_sio is redetecting the FT2232H several times, but I don't know, if it directly depends to the crash.

Is there another log, where to find specific Ryde/Longmynd messages?

73, Thorsten DL9SEC

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:33 pm

Thorsten

That could be a USB connection problem. Type dmesg to see what is happening with the FTDI USB module connection.

Dave

dl9sec

Post by dl9sec » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:12 am

Morning Dave,

thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware of dmesg.
But then it must have to do with the USB driver and software, nothing changed than the software. Another OM from the UK confirmed the issue at the WB chat yesterday evening. Maybe there is a buffering issue in some cases, when the transport stream uses parameters near a limit. As already said, most of the transmissions are working fine, beacon runs several hours without issues.
Is there a way to get more verbose information out of the Ryde player and Longmynd (debug output is enabled via "menu", but I can't find such).

Thank you.

73, Thorsten

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Be awaire...
If some signals (transmittions) are crashing the ryde, that might be a TS issue...
Lately Andreas and Roberto are playing with an I265 codec with 10 and 12 bit options...
The 10bit will crash ryde but not longmynd client and not winterhill in multicast.

So apparently the vlc in Ryde is having small issue...

If the beacon is ok.. it might be this issue...

Benno

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”