Long Mynd lock up

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
M5TXJ

Long Mynd lock up

Post by M5TXJ » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 am

Hi all,

Before I rebuild the sd card in my Ryde, I wonder if anyone else has the same issue. The Ryde and Minitiouner are in the TV cabinet under the TV. I usually have the Ryde doing a QO-100 scan and just leave it running at that. Lately I'll turn the TV on to find a frozen picture on the screen, the menu still works but if I select for example the beacon, nothing happens. I then have to go to the power tab and restart the system, restarting Long Mynd doesn't work.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Long Mynd lock up

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:02 am

Hi Dave

We have recently identified an issue where the Ryde locks up if it happens to scan on to a Station that has a "special character" (non-UTF-8 characters such as the o double dot in some German names) in its service information. This is acceptable according to the standard, but Ryde does not yet handle it properly.

We are working on a fix - so please don't go to the trouble of rebuilding the card. Hopefully we'll have a cure soon.

Dave

M5TXJ

Re: Long Mynd lock up

Post by M5TXJ » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:07 am

Thanks Dave, that's almost certainly the issue as it's usually a German station that's locked up.

73 T'other Dave
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”