ryde output

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
M0dsr

ryde output

Post by M0dsr » Wed May 19, 2021 5:24 pm

hi this has probably already been answered but is there away to stream from the ryde to vlc or any other program so i can stream it in obs
thanks Nick

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: ryde output

Post by G8GKQ » Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi Nick

No, you can't access the video internally in the Raspberry Pi (this is due to HDMI Copy Protection). You have to capture the HDMI externally using a USB dongle or an LKV373A.

To stream the Ryde output for the QO-100 net, I capture the HDMI video externally using an LKV373A, and then run ffmpeg on the Ryde Raspberry Pi to convert the LKV373A output into an rtmp stream which is sent directly to the BATC streamer. If you are going into OBS, a USB dongle is probably easier.

Dave

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed May 19, 2021 5:50 pm

See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver

So no, not officially (as far as I know) but it does have the same underlying software as the Portsdown so I expect you could develop that capability fairly easily if you know how to use the command line. Copy protection might scupper this.

Ryde is very specifically a set top box concept. It could be helpful to have a TS out, perhaps for a repeater, but the advanced DATV receiver, of which Winterhill is a variant, already has the capability. If you have a PC then you can alway just connect the Minitiouner to that and use Minitioune.

Mike

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed May 19, 2021 5:53 pm

G8GKQ wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm
Hi Nick

No, you can't access the video internally in the Raspberry Pi (this is due to HDMI Copy Protection). You have to capture the HDMI externally using a USB dongle or an LKV373A.

To stream the Ryde output for the QO-100 net, I capture the HDMI video externally using an LKV373A, and then run ffmpeg on the Ryde Raspberry Pi to convert the LKV373A output into an rtmp stream which is sent directly to the BATC streamer. If you are going into OBS, a USB dongle is probably easier.

Dave
Hi Dave,

I think the question was around streaming the TS rather than the decoded video. Does HDMI protection still come in to it?

Mike

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 pm

OK Mike

The TS is not easily available from a Ryde. Portsdown or WinterHill are both designed to satisfy that requirement.

Dave

M0dsr

Post by M0dsr » Sat May 22, 2021 6:23 am

Thank you for the information guys it was just to stream a received signal in the corner of my transmitted video.

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:51 am

I got myself a HDMI tot USB grabber and HDMI splitter.
Stream is good but Will not contain the Osd info witch was explaind somewhere in the forum thus makers IT less interesting to show. Blending in a HDMI grabber is easy And Not very expensive..

Best 73es Benno

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”