Support for more presets.

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
g4eml

Support for more presets.

Post by g4eml » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:26 pm

I found that more than 10 presets can now be manually added to the config file and selected using the CHAN+ and CHAN- buttons.
This is really useful for QO-100 as it is possible to add all of the commonly used frequencies and SRs. It is then easy and quick to select them using CHAN+ and CHAN-.

However the Onscreen Presets menu only displays the first 10 presets. (The others can be selected using up/down but they are invisible)

Is it possible to make the Preset selection submenu scroll when there are more than 10 presets? Alternatively how about multiple columns of 10.

I can't find this as a previously requested enhancement so maybe it can be added to the list for future development.

Colin G4EML

MW0RUD

Re: Support for more presets.

Post by MW0RUD » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi Colin,
You have busted our hack to get around a bug!

Internally the Ryde player supports an unlimited number of presets but the menu is only capable of displaying 10 because it runs out of screen space. They are even theoretically draw but off the screen and you can probably even navigate to them using the menu as long as you can navigate in the dark!

We limited the console menu to 10 to prevent confusion about "missing" presets and fixing this with a scrolling menu of some kind is on the list of things to do before the on screen config makes the console menu obsolete.

Tim MW0RUD

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi Tim,

Yes you can select them from the onscreen menu but once you get past the 12th entry the cursor disappears off the screen so you can’t see what you are selecting.

However using the CHAN+ and CHAN- buttons works fine as the name of the channel is displayed in the pop up.

I did have a look at the code to see if I could do a hack for my own use but I really don’t know (or like!) python enough to make much progress.

It’s good to know that its on the list of things to add, I am sure I can wait for a future update.

Thanks for all your work so far.

Colin.

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi.. I edited my config.yaml file to get all i need for use at QO-100.

Doing so you'll get all QO-100 channels with the used bitrates in the presets and youll walk thru with your remote up/down...

But the recently added quicktune 1.2 works even better if you have your pc on and internet available...

Benno
Attachments
config.zip
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”