There are some limitations as the software is still very much “work in progress”.
- I have defined 10 presets in the default build. You can modify each of them from the on-screen menu, but these on-screen changes are volatile and will be lost when you close the application or reboot.
- You can modify the detail of each preset permanently from the ssh console menu (reached by entering 'menu' at the command prompt). However, you cannot modify the preset names. This was too complicated to handle in the Menu.
- Each preset has frequency, SR and band defined. Frequencies and SRs can be multiple for scanning.
- I have defined 8 bands. Each band has LO Frequency, LO side, LNB voltage, Tuner port and Band GPIO setting defined. Note that Band GPIO setting does not have any effect yet. You cannot modify the band names, but can modify all the other band parameters.
- You can select which preset channel the receiver starts up on. It does not have to be the QO-100 beacon.
- You can restart the application and safely shut down the Raspberry Pi from the "Power" sub-menu item. Note that you can only restart the application a limited number of times before a reboot is required; this bug is being investigated.
Please report any new bugs here, but only after checking the issues list here https://github.com/eclispe/rydeplayer/issues to make sure that they are really new.
Thanks to Tim for his continued efforts.