Longmynd software

Discussions about the Ryde "Set-top Box" Style Digital ATV Receiver. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_Receiver
Audio Tone

Longmynd software

Post by Audio Tone » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi All .... Downloaded Daves Ryde Build and it comes up with "Longmynd Not Loaded" then decodes the Beacon OK. Should it show the Menu on the screen? If so the following is probably irrelevant. No access from remote control.The control codes agree with the file definitions and I selected that control from Menu 5. It will shut down the Beacon with the "Power" button and all commands can be seen from Menu 6. Using latest software (07200) and RasPi 4. Tried with a RasPi 3 same results.
I have downloaded Longmynd-master but am at a loss from there!!!!
Perhaps it's cos I 'm still analogue. Any guidance would be appreciated. 73 Tony G0AZQ.

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Longmynd software

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Ryde starts up full screen with the beacon. So that is correct. The Menu is dipslayed when you press the Menu button on your remote. You could also try grounding the appropriate pins to simulate front panel buttons. Details here: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Ryde_GPIO_Connections

Sounds like your remote might not have the same codes as the one that you have selected. Even thought thy look the same they sometimes have different codes

Just to check:

Do any of the remote buttons do anything?

What remote are you using?

What code does it display on the Console Menu 6, when you press "Menu" on the remote?

Dave

Audio Tone

Post by Audio Tone » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks Dave .... Grounding Pin 29 brings up menu. Grounding Pin 13 goes down the menu so we are getting there !!
Remote is LG Blue Ray Player and the commands show up OK on SSH menu 6, Will make up a button box tomorrow.
73 Catch up Thursday net (with audio) Tony G0AZQ.

Audio Tone

Post by Audio Tone » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi again .... forgot two questions you asked:-
Only button to work is power code 0x2d2d30
Menu button does nothing code 0x2d2d3a
73 Tony G0AZQ.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 pm

I don't agree - suggest 0V by default as that is the safest.

Return to “The Ryde Digital ATV Receiver”