Quantel V-Series Paintbox

Items for sale here please
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Adverts will be archived when the seller indicates that the item is sold or after one year. If you wish to keep advertising after one year, please re-post.

Thank you
makeitworkshop

Quantel V-Series Paintbox

Post by makeitworkshop » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:34 pm

I have recently volunteered at a local Community Interest Company which supports the local community. The company isn't funded but raises money by selling through their bricks and mortar shop and online through eBay.

A couple of days ago I found a Quantel V-Series unit with Graphics tablet, keyboard, stylus, and rat. I am posting to ask advice on how much we should list this item for sale.

The unit powers up but without a monitor I do not know if it is boots without errors, there is no power to the graphics tablet and so cannot test the keyboard or rat but both look in good condition. The stylus is damage but seems usable. There are also assorted original cables. The address on the packaging shows it originated from BBC Pebble Mill.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

G8GQS

Re: Quantel V-Series Paintbox

Post by G8GQS » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:56 am

Good Morning

It is difficult to value, it is long since left broadcast service, not being HD, and is only of interest to collectors or perhaps second or third users like a college TV system.

One of the difficulties of using complex equipment of this era is keeping it working?? If you have the maintenance handbooks they would almost be worth more than the equipment.

Regards

Brian G8GQS for the Broadcast Television technology Trust www.mcr21.org.uk & https://bttt.org.uk/our-trust/
Regards Brian

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV camera Museum

makeitworkshop

Post by makeitworkshop » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:58 pm

Thank you for the advice

m0jpp

Post by m0jpp » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 pm

Hello,

I run a Community Interest Company called the Computer Arts Archive and we are looking for a Paintbox to add to our collection. Do you still have yours?

Sean

Return to “For Sale”