G4BAO driver amps update

g8gtz

G4BAO driver amps update

Post by g8gtz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:01 am

John G4BAO posted this on the UKmicrowave reflector:
Good news is that I now have a working design for 70cm using an alternative device in the same package, with just a few minor changes to the design. Also I am confident I can complete the 145MHz development with this new device. Give me a week or so to work on it.
The new device has slightly lower gain than the old device at 70cm, requiring around +14dBm (without the 3dB input attenuator) to produce 3 Watts Psat.
Both these bands use a common PCB (the 70cm one).
If anyone wants a 70cm kit (and soon a 145 kit) please email me direct and I will buy stock of the devices to (at minimum) finish the run of boards (around 30 left) after which I will probably stop making kits available and will put the kit info on Github with my other "retired" designs.

The bad news is that the new device is just not capable of operating at 23cm with any significant gain or output power, and i have been unable to find a suitable replacement that is, so that design is now officially withdrawn and unavailable. I will put the 23cm kit info on Github with my other "retired" designs in due course.

I do have quite a few blank 23cm PCBs that are now surplus to requirements, which could be re purposed to other uses as they are basically a 50 ohm line with a gap for a device in the middle (see the 23cm kit info on my website g4bao.com) If anyone wants a PCB send me a firm stamped self-adressed envelope (address as per QRZ.com) and a 5 pound note (or £5 Paypal to oscarmax42@ntlworld.com.
I will not ship these PCBs outside UK so don't ask!

Return to “For Sale Ads Archive”