Help Please

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
Paul_01

Help Please

Post by Paul_01 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Dear All

I would like to implement the Langstone Microwave Transceiver as a way of extending my use a Pluto for my current activity on QO-100.
(The Pluto has been modified to include a TCXO) and to use it as the IF source for a 10ghz transceiver.

My first question is - before I buy a RPi 4, is there anything to be gained by using RPi 4 with 4/8 Gb of memory.
Also does the software allow access to the RPi 4 SPI.

Thanks
Paul M1BKL

g4eml

Re: Help Please

Post by g4eml » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 pm

As far as I know there is nothing to be gained by going for the larger memory. Langstone runs fine on the smallest Pi4.

The pins used by SPI0 and SPI1 are used as general IO by Langstone (and Portsdown) , so SPI will not be available using the standard build.

If you really needed SPI for something then you would need to reassign the Langstone IO to use different pins and build a special version.

Colin G4EML

Paul_01

Re: Help Please

Post by Paul_01 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Thank you for the information on the RPi 4, I will therefor go ahead and get a RPi 4 with 2 Gig of memory.
I have all the other hardware.

Regarding the RPi 4 SPI I will start with the standard build, which is all need to run my QO-100 set up
and some time in the future look to add the SPI as I would like to use this to control the transverter LO.

Thanks again - I will let you know how I get on.

Paul M1BKL

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”