Editing Langstone config file

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
g8gtz

Editing Langstone config file

Post by g8gtz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:06 am

Hi

Not sure if it's been covered here before but can someone remind me how to make changes to the Langstone config file - I want to make several changes to band configs (in particular removing the transverter offset on 10GHz to try the multiplier method) and doing them using the mouse is very tedious.

I tried copying the Langstone.conf , editing on a PC and putting back but it didn't seem to do the trick as nothing changed - and things went a bit unstable but have settled down again now.

Noel - G8GTZ

G7JTT

Re: Editing Langstone config file

Post by G7JTT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 am

Hi Noel I'm no expert on Linux but I seem to remember if editing on a PC it does something to the formatting when saved which Linux doesn't like. Use notepad++ as I use this and it seems ok.

Hopefully that helps
John

g4eml

Re: Editing Langstone config file

Post by g4eml » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 am

Hi Noel,

John is probably correct, you need to make sure your PC editor uses Linux line endings and not Windows line endings.

Alternatively you could use nano directly on the Pi.

Here is nothing special about the config settings but the syntax is very strict. If any entry has an error then the default setting will be used. That may be why it didn’t appear to change. If that is the case then when you view the file again the setting will have reverted to the default.

Direct editing of the file was never expected, it is just a place for the program to store its settings.

Colin.

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”