Langstone Update

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
G4FKK

Re: Langstone Update

Post by G4FKK » Sun May 24, 2020 11:39 pm

Thanks Colin,

It's a bit late now so I'll do the update tomorrow (well, later today), and no worries about the .config file.

All the best,

Martin - G4FKK

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am

Ran the upgrade this morning. I'm finding that the waterfall freezes when I try and change band. After a few seconds the audio stops (dongle stops flashing) then after another pause it all comes back to life?
Something awry??
Thanks
Gareth

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Not seeing that here Gareth. I have been ding lots of band changes this morning with no problems.

I did do my last update using Dave’s Portsdown
Technique of completely deleting the Langstone directory, cloning a new copy from GitHub and rebuilding. However that shouldn’t produce anything different.

Colin.

G4FKK

Post by G4FKK » Mon May 25, 2020 4:33 pm

I've updated, also using Dave's technique. After entering ./run the Langstone appeared to start up correctly. However, when I tried to change band from 1296 (where Langstone defaulted), to 144, I got the strange situation where the Portsdown menu appeared along with the Langstone waterfall which looked to be running normally - with audio too. I then pressed the Portsdown reboot button in M2 but the Pi just shut down and didn't reboot. After a power cycle everything started running normally and now appears stable. I'm not experiencing the effects that Gareth is seeing.

Now when returning to the Langstone from Portsdown, the last band is remembered and, it would seem, all the SET configurations apart from 'Txvtr Tx Offset' which gets reset to all zeroes.

In a separate development; I've managed to clock an Si5351 with my 10MHz GPS locked frequency reference and can now generate a GPS locked 40MHz. Just need to pluck up the courage to delve into my brand new Pluto with the soldering iron. The Pluto is 1.2kHz off frequency on 2m so heaven knows how far out it'll be by 5GHz (I suppose I could calculate that actually :))

Thanks Colin for working on the software on a bank holiday weekend!!

73, Martin - G4FKK

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Mon May 25, 2020 4:54 pm

I have seen the same thing when trying to work on the Langstone/Portsdown combination.
The Portsdown scheduler is still running in the background and I think it gets confused if you stop Langstone separately. Not surprising really.
A full reboot is the easiest way to get things working normally again.

I will have another look at the transverter offset issue. Probably a typing error somewhere.

Colin.

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi Martin,

The Transverter Tx Offset has now been fixed. It was a spelling error, X instead of x !!

Colin.

G4FKK

Post by G4FKK » Mon May 25, 2020 11:25 pm

g4eml wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 pm
Hi Martin,

The Transverter Tx Offset has now been fixed. It was a spelling error, X instead of x !!

Colin.
Doh!! I'm forever forgetting the semi-colons when I do C programming :)

Thanks Colin - I'll do another update tomorrow,

73, Martin - G4FKK

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”