Langstone Discussion Forum

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
CU2ED

Re: Langstone Discussion Forum

Post by CU2ED » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi Mike,

>>" It is one of my projects, not a BATC one. I won't be distributing PCBs and I expect the demand would be low for the shop ..."
Ok, I understand and I agree, sending small PCBs to the EU with customs can be expensive, but if was the case to be available on the shop
I would wait and add with other parts I need ...

Anyway, thank you for sharing the schematic, it gives me a better idea of the project and if you ever decide to release the gerbers files I probably will order from China.

Jacinto
cu2ed

JA1SYK

Post by JA1SYK » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:43 pm

We want to use a snap function on the Langstone like as the Portsdown4.
So Shinji, JE1BTA wrote a program of new snap function on the Langstone.
At the same time, Masaji, JH1AOY and Hiroshi, JA1SYK are checking this function.
It works very well at the moment.
The snap files of the Langstone can read from the Portsdown4 -> M2 -> Check Snap,
and also it can download to PC using Wi-Fi.
We want to get more user report, so we will open this program on the Japanese Homepage of the Portsdows4/Langstone at the first time.
Hiroshi, JA1SYK
Attachments
new snap function.jpg
new snap function.jpg (67.78 KiB) Viewed 24242 times

G8XZD-TV

Post by G8XZD-TV » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:44 pm

g0mjw wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:13 pm
Any interest in a GPIO adapter for Portsdown 4 and/or Langstone? The idea is to mike wiring Dave's 25 pin connector easy while also allowing for Lanstone bands. Not at the same time as there are some port clashes. Also has an open collector PTT switch.

Mike
Interested in the gpi board for a Portsdown 4. Or could order from pcbway if the Gerbers are uploaded to the wiki. 73. Ian

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:05 pm

Two years ago.... well almost. I had a few boards available at CAT22, not a lot of demand so I still have a few, perhaps the next BATC event. Not sure when that is yet. I can put gerbers on the Wiki.

Mike

G8XZD-TV

Post by G8XZD-TV » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:28 pm

Thanks Mike for posting the Gerbers on the wiki

73. Ian

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:47 pm

It seems I do have two PCBs left but it's probably cheaper to order from JLC than to post them!

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:03 pm

What's this from Mouser I wondered?? Oh at last, my Caribo SDR has arrived :-)
Hopefully they are now out in the wild....
All I need next is software ;-)
Gareth

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:36 pm

I suggest you wait Gareth. Software doesn't seem quite ready yet.

cmr772003

Post by cmr772003 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:11 pm

I've recently joined this forum having built a Langstone after finally managing to get a Pi 4. It does perform well without 'out of the box' and I'm seeing beacons on 2.3, 3.4 & 5.7GHz from Bell Hill that's about 20Km away on a PCb log periodic in the stack. Now comes the build process of filters, amplifiers and switching arrangements.

I have a feature request for Colin - When switching between bands (I have some receive only antennas with preamps) I always need to adjust the FFT Ref level to get a waterfall that I'm happy with - would it be possible to add a button above the squelch button to adjust the FFT Ref? I don't think there's a need to display the value - just a button that when pressed goes red (as some other do) and allows the level to be adjusted?

The NEXT and PREV button in my view are the wrong way round - PREV should be on the left and NEXT on the right.

Carl G6NLC

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Sat May 20, 2023 9:55 pm

Individual FFT settings are saved for each band. So you should only need to set them once for each band. When you return to a previously set band the last value will be restored.

I am reluctant to add extra buttons to the screen. The design philosophy is to keep it as simple as possible.

Prev and next are arbitrary labels. The menu structure is circular anyway so the direction is not really significant.

Colin G4EML.

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”