error on Langstone

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
g4eml

Re: error on Langstone

Post by g4eml » Tue May 07, 2024 8:46 pm

That's very strange, everything looks correct so I don't know why it won't run.
The selection menu is crashing because when it fails the Pluto is not exiting cleanly. That's not too surprising.

I guess it is possible one of the libraries used by the programme has been updated.
The install process loads many libraries and if one of these has changed so it is no longer compatible it could cause problems.

I will have to do a clean build of my system to check that. It might take a day or so to do.

Colin G4EML

G0ILO

Post by G0ILO » Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 am

No problem Colin, your help is appreciated.

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 pm

I have just done a fresh build on a new SD card of Langstone V2 using the instructions on GitHub and everything is working as normal.

So the library support is working OK. That only leaves some sort of hardware issue with your system.

Have you tried booting Langstone with the network disconnected? Some people have experienced problems before with excessive network traffic slowing down the Pi.

Also check your network does not use the 192.168.2.x range of addresses. By default the Pluto uses those and there will be a clash if your home network also uses the same range.

Colin G4EML

G0ILO

Post by G0ILO » Thu May 09, 2024 7:43 am

Thanks for trying that Colin. Not really the result I wanted to hear lol.
Yes I've booted up with the ethernet cable disconnected and also with my router switched off as the Langstone sits quite close to it. This was just in case there was anything odd going on that I couldn't see. Unfortunately the same result though. The only things common across all this now are the Pi4 and Touchscreen. I wouldn't of thought there's an issue but I don't know. I don't have another Pi4, I do have an unused Pi3 (somewhere) but I don't think that's suitable. Bite the bullet and get another Pi4 perhaps?

Cheers,

Paul.

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Thu May 09, 2024 9:01 am

I doubt that the pi4 would build everything and yet fail to run the program.

Although it should not be necessary you could try to reset the pluto's IP address..

Use the set_pluto command and it should ask you for the IP address or name.

Enter 192.168.2.1 or pluto.local

One of these should already be the default but it is worth trying both.

Colin.

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”