Langstone V2 now with Lime RFE Support

Forum for discussion about the Langstone Microwave Transceiver that shares some features with the Portsdown. Wiki: https://wiki.microwavers.org.uk/Langstone_Project
g4eml

Langstone V2 now with Lime RFE Support

Post by g4eml » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:09 pm

I have now added support for the Lime RFE front end and PA board to the Langstone V2 software.

(It's a pure coincidence that the Lime RFE is featured in this month's Radcom. I didn't know that was going to happen!)

The Lime RFE should be connected using the USB connection and will automatically be detected and used by Langstone V2.
This will work with both the Adalm Pluto and the Lime Mini versions, but the Lime RFE will not cover the entire frequency range of the Pluto.

If you don't need the Lime RFE support then there is no need to update. No other changes are included.

The LIme RFE is quite expensive but it does provide a simple way of getting a reasonable power output and receive sensitivity on all of the bands (up to 4GHz) covered by the Langstone.

Colin G4EML

G1LPS Terry

Re: Langstone V2 now with Lime RFE Support

Post by G1LPS Terry » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi Colin
Great work
what would happen if 5.7ghz was selected on a Pluto?
Would it be sent to the wide band channel 100-4000mhz OR
Is there any way of switching the 5.7 to bypass the RFE already available

Terry G1LPS

g4eml

Re: Langstone V2 now with Lime RFE Support

Post by g4eml » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:10 pm

Hi Terry,

I haven’t tested it with RF using a Pluto, I just confirmed that it was controlling the RFE.

Selecting 5.7 would enable the 1-4GHz channel as that is the highest frequency available in the RFE. I don’t know how much (if any) gain there would be at 5.7GHz.

There is no straight through mode in the RFE so it would need multiple external relays to bypass it. They could be controlled using the band select bits on the Pi.

Colin.

Return to “The Langstone Microwave Transceiver”