CAT 20 To be an Online and On-air Only Event

News about the BATC's online Convention in 2020
G8GKQ
Site Admin

CAT 20 To be an Online and On-air Only Event

Post by G8GKQ » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:08 pm

As just announced in CQ-TV, we had planned to hold CAT 20 and the Biennial General Meeting at the Midland Air Museum, Coventry on the 24/25 October. Given the current situation, we have made the decision that the event will go ahead on the same dates, but online and on-air only.

This is an early decision so that we can put the best possible package of lectures, discussion and activity together. We will not be holding a Biennial General Meeting during the weekend as the Constitution allows us 3 years from the date of the last meeting (16 September 2018) to hold the next one.

We plan to host the interactive parts of the meeting using Zoom, and also stream all the lectures on the BATC Streamer. Selected highlights will be transmitted as contacts on QO-100. The programme will look something like this:

Saturday 24 October
  • 0900 Zoom online for testing connections.
    Breakout Rooms open for specific discussions (trading?)
  • 1000 Introduction – Dave G8GKQ, BATC Chairman
  • 1015 First Lecture
  • 1600 End of Lectures
  • 2000 Special QO-100 Net for CAT 20 (to be streamed as well)
    (Bring your favourite beverage – as for the CAT 20 Dinner)
Edit - the Convention will be a one-day event on Saturday 24 October

I am please that David G4NRT has agreed to be our first speaker to talk about “Producing Professional Internet Streaming” – very appropriate for this year’s event! I would welcome other volunteers to speak on any ATV-related subject.

So, please make sure that your diary remains clear for 24 October. If you get a chance to use Zoom, take the time to get to know it – we will publish full instructions as well. And the BATC Streamer will also carry all the content.

It would be good to get the maximum number of members onto the QO-100 net on the Saturday evening. The format will be similar to the regular Thursday night nets, but only one over each, with a maximum of 3 minutes. Light-hearted but appropriate content please!

We will try to arrange a real meeting as early as possible in 2021.

Dave, G8GKQ
BATC Chairman

KA5BBC

Re: CAT 20 To be an Online and On-air Only Event

Post by KA5BBC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:30 pm

I am so glad that this will be online this year, I might actually be able to attend,.. I will try to ensure I am free for the duration.
Andy, KA5BBC/MM0BQV

G0LJF

CAT 20 - Stream recorded for reference?

Post by G0LJF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi,

I am especially interested in hearing the presentation about the Ampleon Pallet at 13:15, by HB9DUG (see CQTV 269).

My question is, is this 'information' recorded so anyone can, at a later date, take advantage of any items of particular interest?

I am guessing that a "stream" is rather ephemeral.

Ta, Mike

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi Mike

Our intention is that all the presentations will be available after (although not during) the event on the BATC YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUWLnU ... CFd93tnBzw

Dave, G8GKQ

G0LJF

Post by G0LJF » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Thanks,

I did not know that a BATC YouTube archive was preserved.

Mike

Return to “CAT 20 - Online 24 October 2020”