LimeSDR-Mini Problems with DATV-Express

The place to discuss the use of the LimeSDR Mini for amateur TV applications
g4ouk

Re: LimeSDR-Mini Problems with DATV-Express

Post by g4ouk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 pm

G4GUO wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Simon, there is nothing I can do about it, the problem is in a part of the system that I have no control over.

- Charles
Thanks Charles, Yes I understand that, let's see what happens with future Lime Suite updates in the next 6 to 12 months
I am sure there will be major improvements which can be implemented at a later stage.

Thanks

Simon

g4ouk

Post by g4ouk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm

G8GKQ wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:55 pm
In one of the posts above, I made this comment:
G8GKQ wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:20 pm
Note that the latest gateware version available online is 1.28, but this may not be compatible with Portsdown or DATV Express. Charles and I have better things to do than go chasing new versions when the old one works perfectly!
It has been pointed out to me that this might be taken the wrong way. Some explanation:

The team at Lime Microsystems are (like the Portsdown and DATV Express teams) continually trying to improve their software. To achieve this, they issue a new version of gateware and firmware for LimeSDR Mini and LimeSDR USB each month. What I was trying to say is that Charles and I will not update the Portsdown and DATV Express software every month to track these changes. Every 3-6 months is more reasonable.

To manage this, the "Lime Config" menu in the Portsdown software (latest version) has a button "Update Lime FW". This button will update your LimeSDR to the gateware/firmware standard required for the current Portsdown software. If you have updated the gateware/firmware beyond the required version, the button "Force Lime FW" will downgrade you as required.

So, all I was trying to say is that we will not be reacting to every single update published by Lime Microsytems but will update when required to improve the Portsdown capability with Lime.

Or "don't worry, it will continue to work and we will upgrade it when we can".

Dave, G8GKQ
Thanks Dave,

Yes I understand now and I am sure that in the next 6 to 12 Months some major improvement will come around from the Lime Microsystems Team which will help in further developing the Portsdown and DATV Express systems.

Thanks to yourself and Charles for your hard work. :)

SImon

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Simon, believe me it is as frustrating to Dave and I as it is to you.

- Charles

Return to “LimeSDR Mini”