CAT18 - contest and activity day feedback

Announcements about the BATC's Flagship Event and BGM on 15/16 September 2018
g8gtz

CAT18 - contest and activity day feedback

Post by g8gtz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Do you have any ideas how to improve the activity weekends?

contests..JPG
contests..JPG (101.94 KiB) Viewed 6820 times

How can we generate more activity? Should we have a cumulative contest for each band over the year - or are you happy with the way it is??

Comments / feedback please.

M0SKM

Re: CAT18 - contest and activity day feedback

Post by M0SKM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Whether a contest or activity; have days when it's just one band. That way we're all singing from the same hymn book. plus us old wrinkly's won't have to lug so much.

No record breaking skeds during activity weekends, they take the attention off the shack bound operator 20k up the road. One of the biggest moans in this area; and one of the reasons for the lack of interest in Luton of recent.

Steve (With dodgy back).
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:16 pm

All very sensible suggestions in my opinion Steve.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:03 am

I like Steve's suggestion of single/limited band days as it does mean less gear to take (bonus for those going portable no need to pack the kitchen sink hi) which intern hopefully means people more likely to go portable ? Maybe some mid week evenings like the uwave guys do ? As weekends are always difficult for me as I only get 1 in 4 off. As to contest or activity days I think they both have a place. I like activity days as it a no pressure fun day, contest are more pressure but still fun most of the time (when things are not breaking). But at the end of the day what ever creates more activity 👍

John G7JTT

P.s one last thought, those who do have all singing and dancing portable station, it might be an idea that a beginners guide to "going out portable" weekend type events could be organized. To encourage more people to go portable and show how easy and fun it can be to go portable ?

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

Having put some positive thought to the question; here is my two pennyworth.

Keep the weekends as an activity over two full days, one full or half day per band.
12 O'clock starts were applied to enable travel to hill sites. Surely the travel is an individuals choice and shouldn't limit playtime for others.

Yes to weekday events on a different evening each month, this as an addition to weekend activity.

Keep events as relaxed activities with the exception of the IARU International ATV Contest.

Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

Return to “CAT18”