Dexing Encoder Modulator

The place to discuss ex-Broadcast equipment
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
SkyVision

Dexing Encoder Modulator

Post by SkyVision » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:28 am

Hi Folks

Dexing have some interesting new products with HEVC/H265
Here is their new professional DVB-S/S2/SX unit which goes down to 0.5Msym
https://english.dsdvb.com/news.php?modu ... =94&id=585
Guessing it is around 1500-2000 pounds

We have Dexing DVB-T modulator at our repeater VK5RDC here and we can web into it and change settings
Input switching via DTMF to HDMI switch which is simple and effective
Dexing professional products have high MER and the video encoding is pretty fluid, maybe not as good/economical as NVidia
Wide range of inputs types available, it does take a bit over a minute to boot up

I've been buying Dexing for work and importing it for a while, they seem pretty easy to deal with
We are using mainly Dexing DVB-T domestic modulators upconverted to 23cm here, because it's cheap and works well
(Yes, I know that is of little interest to you Brits and Europeans), still plenty of spare spectrum here for the moment

Cheers Roger VK5YYY

g8gtz

Re: Dexing Encoder Modulator

Post by g8gtz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:32 am

Yes, I know that is of little interest to you Brits and Europeans), still plenty of spare spectrum here for the moment
Roger - what was agreed at WRC affects everyone including VK land - the clue is in the "W" which stands for World! It does depend on what your regulator decides to implement but you could end up with restrictions across the whole of the band, including 1296MHz.

For the record, the UK has significantly more "spare" spectrum on 23cms than anywhere else as our band goes up to 1325 MHz :-)

Noel

Return to “Broadcast Equipment Discussion Zone”