Minitioune software availability

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
g8hxe

Minitioune software availability

Post by g8hxe » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:47 am

Hi, I have a problem..
I bought a Minitioune receiver from a rally recently but am having a problem getting the required software (for windows) I was assured that the board was working ok and that the software was available from VIVADATV off the web.
Unfortunately I need to register with the web site to download anything.

I have registered several times with several email addresses but never receive an activation code to complete the registration. I am now stuck !

Is there another site that the software can be downloaded from or have I been sold a piece of junk ?

The board is marked up as minitiouner V1.0

Thanks.

radiogareth

Re: Minitioune software availability

Post by radiogareth » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:14 pm

You can use Opentuner to test - its not a comprehensive diagnostic tool but it works very well indeed.
There's a thread on this forum that will have download links....
Gareth

G0MXW

Post by G0MXW » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Gareth Opentuner doesn't work on v1 minitiouner hardware unless the NIM has been replaced with a Serit NIM.

Keith any chance of uploading a pic so we can see what the NIM is. Due to a family bereavement F6DZP is currently not developing the MiniTioune software or, as far as I'm aware, monitoring the vivadatv website at the moment so you are unlikely to get a login response. Sure I've got an copy of V0.5 of the software but can't get it until Sunday

Dave
G0MXW

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:02 pm

g8hxe wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:47 am
Hi, I have a problem..
I bought a Minitioune receiver from a rally recently but am having a problem getting the required software (for windows) I was assured that the board was working ok and that the software was available from VIVADATV off the web.
Unfortunately I need to register with the web site to download anything.

I have registered several times with several email addresses but never receive an activation code to complete the registration. I am now stuck !

Is there another site that the software can be downloaded from or have I been sold a piece of junk ?

The board is marked up as minitiouner V1.0

Thanks.
I know it is not the one I tried to sell at Newbury because I still have it. It would have been very cheap as it doesn't do DVB-S2 which is what is used for QO100, but it should be fine for older terrestrial repeaters. The penalty of older hardware.

Unfortunately, the software is not open source and everyone who downloads it has agreed not to distribute it, so you need to register, it might take a while. That should have been explained by the seller as the reason for the low price.

You could modify it to a V2 or perhaps use the FTDI module on the V2 board - the FTDI module costs about £30 and you should have paid a lot less than that, so it isn't junk.

Mike

g8hxe

Post by g8hxe » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:36 am

Hi, thanks for the suggestion re modifying it. The cased board cost me about £20 so not a fortune.
It was being sold as part of a SK sale.

Keith

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”