MiniTiouner Box - front panel apertures

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
GM0SCA

MiniTiouner Box - front panel apertures

Post by GM0SCA » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:50 am

Hi All

I am not confident (and in truth not capable) of making a neat job of the front panel on the MiniTiouner box. Does anyone know of a company that can 'professionally' cut the necessary holes in the panel? It would be as per the panel layout as shown in the MiniTionuer V2 document with the exception of two additional holes - one for an on / off switch and one for an LED.

73, Simon, GM0SCA

Basil

Re: MiniTiouner Box - front panel apertures

Post by Basil » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:56 pm

Assuming a metal front panel anywhere with a CNC laser cutter could do it. But it's not the cutting, it's doing the initial programming for the CNC machine. If you wanted 500 doing it's a no brainer, if you want just one or three.... hmmm.

It could be done on a milling machine, either manually (tedious) or again on a CNC mill.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:01 pm

GM0SCA wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:50 am
Hi All

I am not confident (and in truth not capable) of making a neat job of the front panel on the MiniTiouner box. Does anyone know of a company that can 'professionally' cut the necessary holes in the panel? It would be as per the panel layout as shown in the MiniTionuer V2 document with the exception of two additional holes - one for an on / off switch and one for an LED.

73, Simon, GM0SCA
Didn't Justin have some made?

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Yes, Justin G8YTX does some nice screen-printed very Pro-looking panels. Or I have a 3-D print file you can try, or if stuck, I'll print you one.
I'll need to update it anyway to accommodate all these dual stream modded MT's !
Gareth

G8YTZ

Post by G8YTZ » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:17 pm

Hi,

I'm about to order another batch of panels for the Minitiouner.

I have some Knucker ones in stock though.

Justin.

G8YTZ

Post by G8YTZ » Wed May 10, 2023 11:45 am

All,

I have just received a delivery of Minitiouner front and rear panels. I have also Knucker panels.

The Minitiouner panels also have a cut-out for the 1.3" OLED display that works with the Minitioune software. If you don't fit the OLED I suggest filling the hole with decorative wire mesh for additional cooling, but the OLED really finished it off. I can supply a suitable OLED display and cable kit, secret etc. for £10 additional cost for UK orders only.

Price is:

£20 for front/rear pair Knucker or Minitiouner

£39 for both Knucker and Minitiouner pair (4 x panels)

Includes UK postage.

Justin.

https://g8ytz.com/batc-minitiouner-case/

zr6tg

Post by zr6tg » Wed May 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Which OLED are you supplying Justin? I want to look at adding LCD support next into OT.

T

G8YTZ

Post by G8YTZ » Fri May 12, 2023 9:43 am

Tom, it's a standard 1.3" OLED, driven from the pins on the Minitiouner. It also fits the cut-out of my Minitiouner panels.

If you are doing s/w for it you might also consider a screen saver function and to clear the screen when the s/w is closed.

This is the one that I've found works well. Available in different colours, white is the best for readability.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”