The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
W6BDD

The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software

Post by W6BDD » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:00 pm

WHY do we have to go to the Viva DTV site for software for a board sold by BATC? WHY can't there be a second source site HERE? I have been trying the get a login confirmation Email from them to no avail. This is rediculous.

We should also have a host here for the software.

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Hi George

Unfortunately, the author of the MiniTioune software is not prepared to have it published anywhere other than the VivaDATV site. We have to respect his wishes. Registration for VivaDATV is sometimes subject to delays.

The board is also compatible with the Ryde and Portsdown software receivers, so there is an open source alternative which we recommend.

Dave, G8GKQ

W6BDD

Post by W6BDD » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm

Does anyone have a ZIP file for the latest version that they could email me or place in a depository? I have tried to contact the Admins with no help.

Thank You.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 pm

W6BDD wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm
Does anyone have a ZIP file for the latest version that they could email me or place in a depository? I have tried to contact the Admins with no help.

Thank You.
We can't do that, it is against the wishes of the developer.

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:23 pm

The MiniTioune licence allows you to distribute copies of the ORIGINAL software under certain conditions, but not host it on a site for download.
MiniTioune Licence.png
MiniTioune Licence.png (334.97 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
The question is, can I find original versions that I haven't deleted after unzipping them. I've forgotten my VivaDATV password, so I can't download them again. I'll have to search a previous PC.

You would need "Minitioune v1.0.1.0r for beta test.zip" and also an earlier version which will have the instructions and other files and utilities.

Go here and select the top item for more info:

http://vivadatv.org/viewforum.php?f=60

Brian

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:05 pm

If George checks his private messages he will find a solution.

Clive

g7kpm

Post by g7kpm » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:53 am

This appears to be a source or frustration on a regular basis.

As the terms of the licence states 'You can freely give/distribute exact stand alone copies of the original software to anyone' but prohibits hosting on another website for download without permission of the author, would it be possible to set up an Email address which, when Emailed by someone, return an automatic Email reply with a copy of the software zip file attached?

This way, the software is effectively being distributed, not hosted for download which would not violate the terms of the software licence.

Just an idea...

73s, Jason G7KPM

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”