MiniTioner v2.0 - no video and final TS LED remains red

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
Peter_G8RW

MiniTioner v2.0 - no video and final TS LED remains red

Post by Peter_G8RW » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:52 pm

I have spent many hours trying to resolve this issue, I trust somebody can suggest some further investigations:

1) I am using v0.8s software.
2) I have tested on two desktop PCs and a laptop, all behave in the same manner.
3) USB Master I2C performance is 83%
3) The unit displays all green LEDs when tested with CheckMinitiouneDriverandFilters_V0.5a.exe
5)As per posting on the vivadatv.org site the 74HC10 has been changed three time but has made no difference to the problem.
6) Integrity of PCB tracks and solder connections have been tested.
6) Logic signals on the 74HC10 (TS2CLK, TS2VALID, TS"ERR) appear to be in order.
7) The LAV filters have been re-installed
8) Screen image when receiving Freesat channel on following URL Image

73s
Peter
G8RW

g0mjw

Re: MiniTioner v2.0 - no video and final TS LED remains red

Post by g0mjw » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:20 pm

What are you trying to receive Peter? The minitiouner is not designed for high bandwidth commercial transponders. It seems like the TS data is not making it to the PC, could be several reasons but the QO100 beacon would be a good place to start and look at the data lines on a scope to see if they are all working.

Mike

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:10 pm

Peter

I suggest that you try to test your MiniTiouner in someone else's working system, with a known good input signal of less than 8MS symbol rate. as Mike says, the tuner was not designed to pass the test that you are setting it.

We have seen one or 2 tuners (out of over a thousand) that have exhibited a hardware fault that might show the same symptoms as yours, but there could be many other causes; these need to be eliminated first.

Dave, G8GKQ

Peter_G8RW

Post by Peter_G8RW » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:29 am

Mike

Thanks for your prompt reply, I will set up known test with know good source of less than 8MS symbol rate.

73s
Peter
G8RW

w0ir

Post by w0ir » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:00 pm

I spent a few days working on the same issue. What I finally discovered is that the FT2232H mini module was the issue. Fortunately I have seveal of these modules and after programming them using the instructions on the WIKI, I found that one of the three that I programmed had the same issue as described...no video red led on. I reprogrammed it and the issure remained. I placed the module in three different MiniTioner's and the same issue was there on them. Two of the programmed modules worked properly in all the MiniTioner's. One was a revision 1 and the other revision 1.1.
I hope that what I discovered will fix others that have the same issue.
Dale W0IR

G8HKN

Post by G8HKN » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 pm

I assume the 10k resistor has been fitted
No one has mentioned it.
G8HKN Roger.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”