sanity check in ugly mode

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G1BVI

sanity check in ugly mode

Post by G1BVI » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi all
I used to be able to resolve Ehailsat on my mini tiouner (MT) but after a reorganisation of the shack that now fails.
I can receive and transmit SSB so believe the dish is still ponting in the right direction but not a glimmer on minitiouner. when polarisation changed etc.

I know I can try it on a sky dish feed but that involves installing s/ware on another m/c and un wiring psus to bring the tuner close to a sky feed so I thought use UGLY mode from my Portsdowm 4.

There is no such mode any more on the P4 so I set the Lime output to 100 and connected a small 2.4G rubber duck

I then set the MT and the receiver to 02407750 kHz with a zero offset. (one of the preset uplink freqs on P4
the SR was varied but lets say 1000 kS on each.

I am transmitting because I see it on the analyser but with a piece of wire pushed into the F type on the MT I see nought.

Tried on input B obviously selecting this on MT s/ware with the same result.

It looks like I might have to just bite the bullet and take it to a sky dish feed.

Have I missed something in my bench test?

Thanks

Nick

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”