Scan&Tioune

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
F6DZP

Scan&Tioune

Post by F6DZP » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello,

Scan&Tioune is available for download. (and the last version of Minitioune)

http://www.vivadatv.org/viewforum.php?f=60
Scan&Tioune.jpg
Scan&Tioune.jpg (290.71 KiB) Viewed 12658 times
Jean-Pierre F6DZP

g4eml

Re: Scan&Tioune

Post by g4eml » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Initially it wouldn’t run for me, then I noticed that it needed the 32bit version of VLC. My system only had the 64 bit version. Once that was installed all was OK.
On first use it seems to be working well for me.
Scanning is reasonably quick if the ‘priority’ tick box is selected.

It will be interesting to see how it performs on this weeks BATC net. As it is using VLC for the display it will be interesting to see how well it copes with multiple short transmissions.

PE1BR

Post by PE1BR » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:09 am

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I've tested your new software and i'm impressed.
thank you for your effort and time to make this possible.

Can I suggest A couple of options to add to use it fully automated:
An option in the config file for auto start scanning at startup ?
option for full, mixed, simplex etc in the config file ?
In detect all mode: if the last signal stops transmitting switch back to the previous, the first signal in full scan is the beacon so this will automatically avoid A black or frozen screen if no new signals appears ?

I now this is only the first version and I understand these things cost time.
If I can help test new functions please let me now.

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:53 am

Hello,

@G4EML,
Sorry, the quick manual I give is only in French. You could read that you need VLC32 bits ( Minitioune and Scan&Tioune are 32 bits)
John G7JTT has made the translation in English. Thanks to him.
Scan&Tioune manuel rapide en.pdf
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 582 times
@PE1BR,
Yes, I will add the new option in the .ini file for the next version.
n detect all mode: if the last signal stops transmitting switch back to the previous, the first signal in full scan is the beacon so this will automatically avoid A black or frozen screen if no new signals appears ?
It is already in my "To do" list. I hesitated to add it before sending the first version, but since 6 months , every day I have a new option in mind and continue to work on the first release that is not available during this time of development. As people was waiting, I decided to publish as it is today, knowing that many improvements could be done.
I have not been able to TX DATV since several months because I was always working on these new developments.

So, I will take a break and will play on QO100 next days.

Jean-Pierre

PE1BR

Post by PE1BR » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:14 am

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for sending this version all-ready.
I understand it's A lot of work, take your time there is no hurry.
I found 2 small bugs:
when switching from normal to big screen the scan setup changes from QO-100 to No.
The SR is not always well detected at 333 it detects 250 instead, the mutli quick tuner shows the right SR.

See you on the QO-100 and have fun.

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:32 am

Hello,
he SR is not always well detected at 333 it detects 250 instead
Yes , depending the scan Step you are using and the shape of the spectrum (some signal are more or less pointed) detection can be mixed between SR250 and SR333. For that reason,I have added the SR Help option, that gives you the list of traditional SR, so you can click yourself immediately the good SR when you see at the bottom of the shape that it is a SR333, with habit it goes very quickly.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 am

Also sometimes there is a signal in the scan that is not automatically detected.
Can it be added that a click in the scan window will tune to the frequency even if it has not been detected. Maybe any click that doesn’t hit a label could go to the frequency of the click.

One other thing that would be nice is a highlight or line on the scan window showing the currently tuned frequency.

PE1BR

Post by PE1BR » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

There is A little pointer underneath the scan window that shows the position.

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 am

The pointer shows the scan progress but it does not show which frequency you are currently receiving and decoding.

G4uvz

Post by G4uvz » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 pm

My Mini tune works fine in normal mode and also with the excellent M0DTS program

However I thought that I would try the scan tune as an alternative ..3 days later I still cant get it to work!

I am using Windows 10 64bit machine

I have downloaded program and VLC multiple times
but always end up with the same issue.

I get the 'usual' Minitune is loading page come up and then a box opens underneath the main box and you can just see an OK option
see attached images ..my O level French tells me that something is looking for a registry key?

Clicking OK then takes me to a ..make sure you have VLC loaded OK ...I have the 64bit version loaded which was auto seleted when I download the executable file
Screenshot (50).png
Screenshot (50).png (195.55 KiB) Viewed 11860 times
Screenshot (47).png
Screenshot (47).png (855.54 KiB) Viewed 11860 times
Screenshot (49).png
Screenshot (49).png (855.3 KiB) Viewed 11860 times
Screenshot (48).png
Screenshot (48).png (861.42 KiB) Viewed 11860 times

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”