Video Truncated on Minitiouner V2 From Portsdown

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
batcfm

Video Truncated on Minitiouner V2 From Portsdown

Post by batcfm » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 am

I built my Portsdown TX a long time to go and finally got around to test it out and I found with my set up an issue. Which I don't know is what is expected based upon my configuration or is a problem. Search on forum provided lot of hits but none seem to show my video issue.
My configuration is as follows:-
Minitioune V2 with V0.8 software.
Running Win10 build 1909 on Linx 1010 tablet (this tablet uses is a full Win10 version).
Latest Jessie software (as at the time this was only build and plan to change to Stretch version once all working.

Anyway, no matter the video format, 4:3, 16:9, 720p used or TX frequency the Minitiuone video is truncated on the right.
This occurs with Testcard and Contest source used in my testing of the Portsdown. Just cuts off by 4 digit in contest number.
Does anyone know if this is a problem and a fix or is it expected operation woth my set up?
Attached a picture of screen dump.

Portsdown connected directly to V2 through 60dB atten.

Thanks Bill.
Attachments
screen dump.jpg
screen dump.jpg (424.38 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
Bill

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Video Truncated on Minitiouner V2 From Portsdown

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:46 am

Hi Bill

I've seen this issue on a tablet in the past. Have you tried rotating the tablet through 90 degrees, or going full screen on the image (click in the image area or bring up the keyboard and press escape)?

I think that it is a problem with the tablet graphics card and its handling of video playback.

Dave

batcfm

Post by batcfm » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks Dave for suggestion and it does seem to be a graphics issue. With the matching keyboard it seems to lock the rotate screen command.

As your suggestion and did see no video threads regarding graphics problems. So did play around with graphic resolution and this affected the truncation, in my case for the worse at lower rsolutions. I set up VLC and it displays a full and perfect testcard/contest picture in all formats.

At least I now know the new build Portsdown and Minitiouner both work. I will try to rotate without keyboard but can live with a truncated if that is a result of the graphics.

Thanks for your help Bill.
Bill

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:30 pm

The 0.9 minitioune software fixed some display issues I had on one of my computers. It might be worth updating.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”