Second-Stream USB board: testing and using

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
Terry-G0EZY

Second-Stream USB board: testing and using

Post by Terry-G0EZY » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 am

My minitiouner main board is built and passes the two test programs.
TestMyMiniTiouner_V2_0a
CheckMiniTiouneDriverAndFilters_V0_5a (the two test pictures run OK)
MiniTioune_V0_8s boots up OK and appears to work with no error nessages - but I've done no on-air checks yet.

I have built the USB second stream board but not sure how to test it. I have tested the 2nd FT module in the main board slot and it works OK, so chip is programmed correctly. The main board FT module requires a small mod (fit 10k resister). Is this required on the 2nd stream board (the photos do not show it fitted.

When I plug in the 2nd stream board and connect both USB to the PC and run the test program error message says "no NIM"

What have I done wrong?

73 Terry

G7JTT

Re: Second-Stream USB board: testing and using

Post by G7JTT » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm

As far as I know it won't work yet, we're waiting on a software update before it will work. I did see a tweet from F5OEO Evariste about the new Minitoune so hopefully that will include the update when released ?

John

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Yes I have the second stream board fitted in anticipation of the new software.

So no worries it won't be recognised with the version you're using.

Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Terry-G0EZY wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 am
My minitiouner main board is built and passes the two test programs.
TestMyMiniTiouner_V2_0a
CheckMiniTiouneDriverAndFilters_V0_5a (the two test pictures run OK)
MiniTioune_V0_8s boots up OK and appears to work with no error nessages - but I've done no on-air checks yet.

I have built the USB second stream board but not sure how to test it. I have tested the 2nd FT module in the main board slot and it works OK, so chip is programmed correctly. The main board FT module requires a small mod (fit 10k resister). Is this required on the 2nd stream board (the photos do not show it fitted.

When I plug in the 2nd stream board and connect both USB to the PC and run the test program error message says "no NIM"

What have I done wrong?

73 Terry
This is why the board is not yet in the shop. We are waiting for the updated software to support it.

Mike

Terry-G0EZY

Post by Terry-G0EZY » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:42 am

Many thanks for the replies/assistance. I bought the additional board and FTDI module at the BATC rally at Finningley.
For some reason I was sure I'd seen a post that the Dual-Stream software was available. Obviously must have been in my imagination!

Any ideas yet whether the resistor modification will be necessary on the additional board?

73 Terry

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:20 am

OK - That's odd as they were not going to be available for sale (as far as I know) to avoid situations like this. We don't know about the resistor yet but I think not as it is used to determine which type of main board is used. F6DZP has a new version available according to a post today but I don't know if it will support a second TS. It does include the spectrum analyser apparently.

Mike

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”