Minitiouner RX OK but no picture SORTED TNX BATC Members

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
keng8vdp

Minitiouner RX OK but no picture SORTED TNX BATC Members

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 am

You still might want to read this ..if you have a problem of SIGNAL OK all green lights but NO Video

Hello & thanks for reading this. I hope someone can point me in the direction to find the fault.
I have 2 Portsdown setups.
One has the filter board etc & a small touch screen etc
The other is the 7" with RaspberryPi 3b+ to use with my LimeSDR.
I also have a laptop with Minitiouner software.

I've been using the Minitiouner since I got it at Finningley this year and it worked great on my laptop.
Last week I updated my Portsdown software to latest after reading cqtv and tried Minitiouner in it and it worked very good.
Here's the issue >>>>
After that test I moved Minitiouner back to my laptop and find it receives Oscar 100 fine all GREEN lights and all looks good but I get NO PICTURE / video.
Despite a D4 - in same box An error shows LDPC error. The LDPC bar shows Red. Everything else looks OK good.
I moved Minitiouner back to my Portsdown/RaspberryPi and its the same on there now. All looks good on Oscar 100 beacon. Frequency, symbol rate, lock & Fec but again NO picture.

Has anyone any clues ?
I think , This points to a Minitiouner fault rather than a software fault. What's gone wrong !

Many thanks in advance . Ken G8VDP
Last edited by keng8vdp on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g0mjw

Re: Minitiouner issue RX OK but no picture HELP PLS

Post by g0mjw » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:05 am

Try a different USB Cable. Check all data line connections are OK. Remove the FTDI module from the PCB socket and plug it in again.

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am

g0mjw wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:05 am
Try a different USB Cable. Check all data line connections are OK. Remove the FTDI module from the PCB socket and plug it in again.
Hi Michael,
I already tried a different USB lead.
I've just checked data lines and that looks OK.
Removed module as you suggested and refitted it.

No change unfortunately , problem remains.

Thanks Ken

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm

IMG-20191001-WA0005_resize_42.jpg
IMG-20191001-WA0005_resize_42.jpg (55.91 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Photo of Minitiouner software on laptop tuned to Oscar100 beacon

Please keep in mind it was working fine on laptop & Portsdown with latest software. Now it just shows all Green LEDs as per photo but no video.

Hope this let's you see the problem better.
By the way MER is normally better but there was very heavy rain at time of photo.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:38 pm

From the photo it is working fine. If you are not getting video check you have the right codecs - instructions in the readme file - I am not sure everything is included in V9 to check from V8

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 pm

g0mjw wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:38 pm
From the photo it is working fine. If you are not getting video check you have the right codecs - instructions in the readme file - I am not sure everything is included in V9 to check from V8
Hi, I fully understand what you are saying. with respect, I wonder if you are understanding what im saying.
I have 2 portsdown systems and one laptop.
The minitouner does the same thing on all 3. (it was OK before , ive had pictures on it)

Both the Portsdown's are on the latest software as described in latest CQTV version regarding the LongMynd integration allowing use of the Minitinoner. version September . The codecs are built in.

My laptop with minitouner was working OK and I have been receiving stations on Oscar 100 and its beacon with no issues whatsoever. I have made NO changes to its software or codecs.

Heres what i did just before things went wierd >>>> I tried for the first time with the current Portsdown software , the Minitiouner plugged into USB on raspberryPI and the Portsdown worked well receiving the beacon and several stations perfectly and displaying video using the built in OMX Player in the Latest portsdown software.
After that sucessful test I shut the portsdown down then removed the Minitioune and plugged it back into my laptop. Booted the minitiouner software and it launched to the Oscar 100 beacon. It receives it OK BUT i now only get GREEN LEDS. That means its receiving the signal .. however there is NO PICTURE. Ive changed NOTHING on the laptop

Now, because it now wasnt working on laptop. I moved the Minitioner back over to the Portsdown and booted it up. I then found that in exactly the same state ... All satellite parameters are showing as received AND locked but I get NO picture.

OK so, I now try Minitiouner in my Other older Portdown and that behaves in exactly the same way.

I cannot see how this issue relates to a software problem ( maybe im missing something here ? )

I think ive proved that it MUST be the hardware (the actual Minitiouner). I have not got a clue as to why this problem has occured or why its doiung everything right except for failing to displaye video.

Once again , thanks for your input Ill try anything

Ken
Last edited by keng8vdp on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:40 pm

I had a very similar problem with my Intel NUC computer. It turned out to be that the display drivers were incapable of displaying the video streams.

This manifested itself in y device passing all the tests in the test programme but not rendering the QSL card or rotating BATC logo.

This may be a red herring but it took me ages to diagnose ...

David G4NRT

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:46 pm

G4NRT wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:40 pm
I had a very similar problem with my Intel NUC computer. It turned out to be that the display drivers were incapable of displaying the video streams.

This manifested itself in y device passing all the tests in the test programme but not rendering the QSL card or rotating BATC logo.

This may be a red herring but it took me ages to diagnose ...

David G4NRT
Hi David, My reply above might explain a little better
3 separate systems all doing the same thing

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Ken, I see ... yes, a definite red herring from me! Good luck!

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:02 pm

this video of Portsdown might let you see the issue better

https://youtu.be/1UILOo6uuuQ

This next video is one done last week to show friends all working good

https://youtu.be/M9i8jlZ-9pw

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”