Windows in a Virtualbox

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G1EUZ

Windows in a Virtualbox

Post by G1EUZ » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,

Anyone else experienced a new install of v0.8s only opening streams in ActiveMovie Window while the grey box remains "No Video or bad codec/PID?

The test program also does not show the video for either Mpeg2 or H264, but the sounds are there.

Mick
Last edited by G1EUZ on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1EUZ

Re: Windows in a Virtualbox

Post by G1EUZ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:40 am

I have a suspicion that this problem is due to runing Windows 10 in a virtualbox on Linux. Probably a video driver incompatibility.

Anyone sucessfully runing an embeded stream in the application in a virtualbox? Or does everyones open in a separate ActiveMovie Window?

Tested on GB3VL and FTA satellite signals.

Mick
Last edited by G1EUZ on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1EUZ

Re: ActiveMovie Windowalbox

Post by G1EUZ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:12 am

Ok, this is now confirmed as a virtualbox issue.

I guess I need to find an alternative software package, installation of full fat windows just to run mini tiouner is not an option.

I would appreciate if someone can confirm the video feed opening in a separate window is the only issue I will face in virtualbox.

Anyone running an alternative Linux program with the mini tiouner hardware?

I have sucesfully decoded GB3VL with the Limesdr mini and SDRAngel, perhaps thats a better route for me?

Any comments would be welcome, especially from Linux users.

Kind regards

Mick

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”