Multiple Sets of MiniTioune Presets

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G8GKQ
Site Admin

Multiple Sets of MiniTioune Presets

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 pm

I now have 2 distinct uses for my MiniTiouner. One is for receiving local signals (primarily Portsdown testing, but also for portable operation). The second is for receiving Es'hail-2. I know that J-P is working on a MiniTioune version with more presets, but I wanted something that was available now.

I have written 2 batch files that copy a labelled minitioune.ini file into the minitioune folder, and created desktop shortcuts for each. This way, I can have one button to open MiniTioune for Es'hail-2 and another to open it for local use (not at the same time). The batch files are of the form:

Code: Select all

@echo off
COPY C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\Local_minitioune.ini C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\minitioune.ini
start "Local MiniTioune" "C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\MiniTioune_V0_8s.exe"
and

Code: Select all

@echo off
COPY C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\Eshail2_minitioune.ini C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\minitioune.ini
start "Es'hail-2 MiniTioune" "C:\Utils\Minitioune08s\MiniTio
So save each of these as "Eshail2" and "Local" .bat files and then copy the minitioune.ini file twice, and rename the copies as Local_minitioune.ini and Eshail2_minitioune.ini. You will need to change the paths in the batch files to to suit your installation. You can then edit each of these minitioune.ini files with the presets and LNB offsets that you want.

Note that you can't pin batch files to the start menu or taskbar in Windows 10. You have to Right click on the Desktop and select the command "New -> Shortcut" from the context menu. Then, in the shortcut target, type the following text: cmd /c "full path to your batch file" ...
Name the shortcut and change its icon if you need, then right click the shortcut and choose "Pin to Start" from the context menu.

Dave, G8GKQ

G8DKC

Re: Multiple Sets of MiniTioune Presets

Post by G8DKC » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:43 am

Have used this in the past when providing remote desktop to MiniTioune for local users on GB3GV.

One .bat file set all buttons to 146.5Mhz 333K/S, and the other to 437Mhz 333K/S, all other settings, offsets as appropriate.

Worked out well, keeping display simple, and tidy when user logged out.

Peter

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:51 am

Hello,

Another simple solution is to have 2 directories with Minitioune.exe and different minitioune.ini in each.
Just to add two simple shortcuts, one to each Minitioune.exe

I am adding the possibility to call Minitioune with a parameter in the command line, that will allow to pass the .ini you want.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 am

Great idea. A command line switch should be relatively easy to implement and could then be called with a shortcut.

Mike

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 pm

yes. It is done with the Version 0.9.

(I hope to release the beta version ASAP, but last needs discovered with the use of QO-100 has made me take more time...

and immediately after, I finish DualTioune (It works only DVBS today) that allows us to receive 2 stations at same time and so follow a duplex on QO-100)
MiniTiounerPro is ready for that and MiniTiounerV2_BATC has the extension connector ready for a second FT2232H that will give the second TS.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Fantastic work Jean-Pierre, many thanks for all your efforts.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”