Minitiouner will not load

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G0CHK

Minitiouner will not load

Post by G0CHK » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 am

The message I get is: Minitioner with NIM Serit FTS 4333 detected Minitiouner schematic
Please wait 10 sec Minitioner is loading

I wait more than 10 minutes and nothing is happening. I have tried it several times, same result.

I'm a bit new to amateur tv and don't really know what to expect. I last built something in the 1970's

Thanking you in anticipation.

AnalogueBob

g0mjw

Re: Minitiouner will not load

Post by g0mjw » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:16 pm

What did the test my minitiouner diagnostics program say? All green? Are you running Windows XP? 8, 7, 10 ? It is powerd up?

G0CHK

Post by G0CHK » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:11 am

I am using Win 7.
Everything on the test is coming up with 0 writing errors and 0 reading errors except for the very last item which is "Dipole master init is not OK ".
I have no idea what any of it means.
It is all powered up, the Serit unit is mildly warm, the USB cable is an expensive Lindy one. Everything is as spec including the resistor on the mini module.

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm

At this step, the problem seems not to be the MiniTiouner, but perhaps the software installation.

What says the second test software "CheckMiniTiouneDriverAndFilters_V0_5a" ?

(Digole master test is only used if you have installed a LCD "Digole" on the I2C line, so if you test it and there is no LCD the result is not OK)

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”