Check Fails after PC rebuild

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
g0mgx

Check Fails after PC rebuild

Post by g0mgx » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi All

I have had Minitioune working fine with my BATC kit receiver but have just rebuilt my PC.

I followed the install instructions from the Wiki (I think) and now when I run the check driver and filters executable I get an error "FT2232H has had device B parameters. use FTprog to reprogram it".

Is it likely I have messed up the USB interface somehow, of is this actually an installation issue?

Any pointers very much appreciated.

Mark
G0MGX

F6DZP

Re: Check Fails after PC rebuild

Post by F6DZP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Hello Mark,

It is difficult to answer. We more details.
Could you show what "TestMyMinitiouner" indicates when it starts? or the screenshot.

You should have something like that, just when the software starts:
starting TestMyMiniTiounerv2.0a.jpg
starting TestMyMiniTiounerv2.0a.jpg (171.39 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
Jean-Pierre F6DZP

G4WIM

Post by G4WIM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm

I have the same error message as Mark.

I'm running V8s on both a win7 and win10 machines.

My original V2 hardware works fine and passes all tests on both win7 and win10 PC's, but my new Minitiouner Express rx only works on the Win10 machine.

Running check my minitiouner on the Win7 reports it can't detect demodulator or synthesizer, it also seems to get much hotter to the touch

Also reports No Nim detected we quit - but works fine on Win10 PC.

Seems as though there's something about my Win7 PC it doesn't like which only affects this new rx

Any ideas ?

73 Tim

G4WIM

Post by G4WIM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Just found another thread on this topic - looks like I'll remove the ftdi drivers from my win7 PC then install them again and see what happens - even though they show green and it seems to be a NIM detection problem.

I'll report back shortly.

73 Tim

G4WIM

Post by G4WIM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Ok so deleted the FTDI drivers and did a complete fresh install of everything related to Minitouner but still got the same result - then the penny dropped.

I had turned off the power to my V2 but not unplugged the USB cable - removing the usb cable to my original rx fixed the problem - doh !

All god now.

73 Tim

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”