MiniT V0.7 crashing

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
g3zgz

MiniT V0.7 crashing

Post by g3zgz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 am

This could be a long story, but the short version is :-

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS to the letter (how many times have you been told that?).

Recently I was experimenting with the two recent versions of MiniT software 0.6 and 0.7 to find the best settings for the "scan strategy" function.

So I didn't mess up my working version I created two new folders on my PC and copied all the respective files into each folder.

I first tried V0.6 after following the instructions to install it and the LAV filters and USRC.

I set my TX to SR333, 1255, H264 as the software started up in this mode.

Version 6 ran fine.

I then went to the V7 folder and ran the V7 MiniT software. This ran fine until....

To test the scan settings I changed the RX frequency by clicking the bottom button marked 437 and then went back to 1255 to see how quickly the program locked up and displayed a picture.
All OK at this point, so I clicked 437 again.
The program hung with a "Filter demultiplexer audio pin not found " message. Clicking the OK button got multiple "operation en virgule flottante " messages and the software hung, although I could still see the IQ graph updating.

After several attempts that resulted in the same end, I decided to run the ïnstall LAV filters" program in the V7 folder.
Still the same result.
Then I ran the install USRC program in the V7 folder.
No hanging and all well. V7 was running correctly in the V7 folder after doing the two installs.

I then went back to the V6 folder and ran the V6 program.
Got a message about not being able to render video.

Then I got really clever.

I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

I copied the new V7 EXE and INI files into the V6 folder and ran the LAV filter and USRC install programs from within the V6 forlder.

From this point on I have been able to run either version without them hanging.

I think (but don't know for sure that it was something to do with where I ran the install USRC program from, even though the USRC.
AX file was in both folders.

Google told me it is something to do with "Directshow Filter" so that makes sense as the error messages were to do with the video rendering.

I don't know enough about Windoze and the use of the USRC file so I'm only guessing.

So the end of the long story is here.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hope this may help someone else with the same happening!

Dave

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”