MiniTioune responding slowly.

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
Nick

MiniTioune responding slowly.

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi,

I have just received my first signal on the MiniTioune receiver, this being the Portsdown in ugly mode.

While it did receive the signal it took around 10 seconds or more to display the image.

Is this normal, or should it respond more quickly ?

I also noticed that if I move the Mminitioune windows position on the computer screen it does not move smoothly - it moves in a jerky fashion.

Again, is this normal or should it move smoothly as other windows such as windows explorer do ?

The computer is running Windows 7 Pro, and has an Intel i7 processor with 6GByte of memory. On task manager the CPU usage is showing around 25-30%, which drops to 1% when Minitioune is closed.

Regards,

Nick - G4NKV

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: MiniTioune responding slowly.

Post by G8GKQ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi Nick

Ugly mode is not the best transmission for testing and takes longer to lock than the fully-fledged Portsdown, particularly if you are using the Desktop (BATC Logo) or animated test card as a source.

The video window in MiniTioune does not always move smoothly.

Sounds like everything is working as I would expect for you there! Well done.

Dave

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the jerky movement what I am referring to is moving the whole of the MiniTioune display window on the computer screen, i.e. dragging the window with the mouse curser from one position on the monitor to another position, or even dragging it from my main monitor to the second monitor (I use two monitors). It does not move smoothly like other windows, but moves in a jerky fashion.

Should it move smoothly when dragged ?

Nick - G4NKV

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 am

Nick wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 am
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the jerky movement what I am referring to is moving the whole of the MiniTioune display window on the computer screen, i.e. dragging the window with the mouse curser from one position on the monitor to another position, or even dragging it from my main monitor to the second monitor (I use two monitors). It does not move smoothly like other windows, but moves in a jerky fashion.

Should it move smoothly when dragged ?

Nick - G4NKV
Perfectly normal.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”