MiniTioune Decode issues

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G4uvz

MiniTioune Decode issues

Post by G4uvz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:18 pm

I have been trying out my Mini with the Portsdown on various encodes and SRs etc.

On all the tests I have done ...in the shack I get good signal levels and MERs well into double figures..however it appears that if I get a successful decode and resultant picture on Mpeg2 as an example ..if I then change to H264 that even though I get all the greens and all looks well..............no picture results unless I reboot mini and then it is usually OK ......I have tried the trick of selecting Mpeg2 , H264 back and forward which sometimes works when receiving GB3zz under similar conditions...but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
Adrian

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: MiniTioune Decode issues

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi Adrian

Have you tried re-selecting Auto-PID?

Dave

vk5bd

Re: MiniTioune Decode issues

Post by vk5bd » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 am

Hello Adrian,

Due to the portsdown not having an audio stream when it is using H264 encoding, it is necessary to change the pid settings in MiniTioune when swapping from one encoding method to the other, the auto pid function should rescan the incoming transport stream and gather the correct PID information and get the picture back, or you can program two of the station buttons with the then know PID information to make it possible to switch MiniTioune between you two encoded streams.

Regards,
Bevan

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”