Minitoune v2 problem

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
F6DZP

Re: Minitoune v2 problem

Post by F6DZP » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm

yes you must zip the file in .zip or .rar

you can use a dropbox
or
you can also upload it to the vivadatv forum that allows very big files.
or
you can send it to my email address ( my call sign @yahoo.fr) but changing the extension .zip by .zapzap

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Hello,

I have received the TS file on vivadatv forum...
Effectively the first byte of each packet is not 47hexa but 45 hexa.
We can see also that all bytes are finishing by 0,1, 4,5, 8,9, C or D so, for all bytes, the bit1 is always 0
That means that the bit1 is bad/dead, not connected, shortcut to ground ...
You must check the TS2_D1 on the bus = pin27 on the NIM = pin BD1=CN3-25 on the FT2232H.
Actually it remains at low level, so there is a shortcut to the ground or no connection between the NIM and the FT2232h or a bad contact with the pin27 of the NIM...

We know where we must search.

For those who want to examine their TS files, there is a free tool that we show you the packets: TSpacketviewer
You can download it here http://www.cypheros.de/files/TSPacketViewer.exe

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

nix1296

Post by nix1296 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Hello everyone
I just want to inform all those who have followed this thread, that two days ago I received the new tuner FTS4334 and a board.
I did the assembly using the same components as the old one, I arranged the tuner with a suitable socket so that it could be plugged in, I checked all the supply voltages, I plugged in the tuner, I applied signal from my Digilite and WOW !!!
SUCCESS!!! at first.
One question that I have left to do, is that the Minitioune with SW ver. 0.7, receives perfect all signals of different frequencies and SRs. but when I activate the ISS box, I can no longer go to the previous state, and it only works perfectly again, when I close the program and start it again.
I do not know if it is normal or there is a parameter in the configuration of the .ini file that is not correct.
Apart from this, it works perfect.
Thanks everyone for your help.
73s
Magi -EA3UM-

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 am

That's good.

I have not tried ISS mode but there are sometimes issues that fix themselves on re-starting. As you have a socket, did you re-try the old NIM?

Mike

nix1296

Post by nix1296 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:34 am

Hi Mike
I'm trying to get the NIM out of the board, I still have not been able to get it out completely because I do not spend a lot of time to devote myself to it. So far some NIM terminals are not very healthy ... I'm in it.
I have to check the resistance of 470 Ohms (array) that joins the track of pin 27 with the STV0910A, but it is not easy to work inside the NIM without removing it.

If I can get it out in an acceptable state, I'll send it to Jean Pierre to see if we can have any conclusions.

With the new NIM the Minitioune works great.

73's
Magi
EA3UM

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm

It's difficult to remove without a hot plate. With a hot plate it should just lift out.

Mike

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”