Minitioune V0.7b for MiniTiouner & MiniTiounerPro

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
F6DZP

Minitioune V0.7b for MiniTiouner & MiniTiounerPro

Post by F6DZP » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:37 am

Hello,

The new version of Minitioune is available for download. http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=450

• Works MiniTiouner or MiniTiounerPro ( NIM Eardatek, Sharp/Samsung, FTS-4335, FTS-4334, FTS-4339)
• codecs Mpeg2, H264, H265 for video and MPEG Audio, AAC or AC3 for audio
• You can choose the screen size when you start (tell it in « minitioune.ini »)
• You can click on the video screen to change all the displaying mode including Expert mode.
• RF level computation revisited.
• Low SR can go down to 75 kS/s if you use a FTS-4335 or FTS-4334
• All FEC values used with DVB-S2 are usable.
• .grf files are no more indispensable.
• If you use a MiniTiounerPro : you can set 13v/18v/22kHz and use Oled or LCD_Digole display and led TS2 (master).
(I am thinking of an expansion board for a MiniTiouner V2 PCB that will use these new possibilities.)
minitiouneV07_DVBS_SR4000_modeExpert.jpg
minitiouneV07_DVBS_SR4000_modeExpert.jpg (415.83 KiB) Viewed 8010 times

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

g0mjw

Re: Minitioune V0.7b for MiniTiouner & MiniTiounerPro

Post by g0mjw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Excellent work JP! Happy to help in designing PCBs to extend V2 if necessary. I think there will be space within the recommended enclosure though it might be a tight fit.

Mike

vk5bd

Post by vk5bd » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:01 am

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I have tired updating to this latest version of the Minitioune software, however I seem to be getting various errors, now that I have loaded the latest minitioune.ini file I get this
Graph Load Error.png
Graph Load Error.png (12.82 KiB) Viewed 7919 times
and once minitioune 0.7b opens the graph indicator stays red
Minitioune 7b.png
Minitioune 7b.png (213.89 KiB) Viewed 7919 times
The error also occurs when I try older versions like 0.4c, 0.5a and 0.6d, however once I click okay and minitioune starts, I do get the video decoded in these older versions.

When I try to use the "Check drivers and Filters" program I now get
Minitioune test Error.png
Minitioune test Error.png (17.33 KiB) Viewed 7919 times
but I am starting to think that is related to Trend Antivirus software that was updated earlier this month.

I see in the latest Zip file that the previous two .grf files are not included, are they now redundant in this 0.7b version.

I believe I have followed the instructions correctly with respect to the usrc.ax installation, I have tried both the Lav filters (the 0.68.1 mentioned in the readme document and also the 0.70.2 version included in your zip file).

Hope this information is enough to point to a possible solution,

VK5BD
Bevan

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 am

Hello,

The first thing to do is to run with success "CheckMinitiouneDriverAndFilters".
CheckMinitiouneDriversAndFiltersV0_4_directshow_Info.jpg
CheckMinitiouneDriversAndFiltersV0_4_directshow_Info.jpg (183.25 KiB) Viewed 7910 times
If this software doesn't give you all leds green, you can't use Minitioune without errors.
The leds I indicate are about all the Directshow graph needs.

"tmmon.dll" is not used by all my softwares, this is a file used by your Trend Micro Antivirus .

You must first resolve why CheckMinitiouneDriversAndFilters can't run and after check to see if it gives you all the leds green.
Only after you can try tu run Minitioune.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

vk5bd

Post by vk5bd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 am

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I can confirm the software runs on a second machine with the same hardware, that has a lot less software installed on it, but has the same Trend Antivirus, so the issues is specific to my machine and a combination of software.

On the second machine, Trend antivirus closes and deletes the "CheckMinitiouneDriverAndFilters" software once you try testing the videos by pressing the Play buttons, Trend claims it is a "HEU_AEGISCS_Malicious" Threat, (even with Trend disabled :? )

I will spend a little more time on trying to get it working on this machine, but I think I will just have to stick with version 0.6 on here and if I need version 0.7b functionality I will have to use the other machine.

Edit / Update: I decided to start the PC in safe mode, stopped a few services from starting up that didn't seem necessary, rebooted and eventually was able to get CheckMinitiouneDriverAndFilter software to start, I got all green lights as to be expected, and Trend promptly shutsdown the software at the point of playing the video. When I try running 0.7b I still get the "Check video.grf" error message before the main window opens. I can see that minitioune is detecting my signal and locking onto it, but still play back of the video. I did notice that by clicking the info button there was a hint of an error:
I2C initialisation
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I2C controler INIT OK
OK MPSSE is empty
Init MPSSE I2C done!
------ NIM and Demodulator detection ------
STV0903 Identification correct : chip_ident($2), release($0).
writing test OK:255
Eardatek NIM detected
initializing STV0903STV/0913/0910
STV0903 init OK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------ Synthesizer detection ------
Synthesizer found by reading in a register 128
STB6100 init OK
init des fec finie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------ IP and UDP detection ------
IP n° 1 = 192.168.1.55
UDP address : 230.0.0.1 port : 1234 using IP interface : 192.168.1.55
DirectShow error
Maybe this is a clue that will help you suggest a place to look?

Keep up the good work,

Regards,
Bevan

g8vpg

Post by g8vpg » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 am

I use Norton Internet Security and it always throws up a major alert and tries to delete several parts of the Minitioune package, because the user base is too small for it to be acknowledged as trusted software. You need to get into your virus checker programme and manually over-ride it so that it trusts the various Minitioune components. Norton has facilities to do this and after several dire warnings will restore the software.
73 Shaun.

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 am

Just testing V0.7b and have an observation. Receiving my Portsdown on 437MHz at 333Ks woth V0.7b I'm getting a timing lock indication of 57-63%, with V0.6d I get the same unless I select "Low SR" when I get 100% timing lock. With V0.7b "Low SR" cant be selected below 300Ks so getting 100% is not possible. Am I missing something?

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

vk5bd

Post by vk5bd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:28 am

Hello @Shaun,

Thank you for the input, I have tied that option, But Trend is very persistent, with the files on the exclude list and Trend disabled, it still blocks and deletes the file, I guess the important think was when it did run, the software showed green lights where expected, so the fact it is being blocked again now is not such a problem :)

Hello @Dave,

I had noticed the same using my LimeSDR as the DVB-S source, however once I went over to using some professional Tandberg equipment, I got 100% timing lock, so thinking the indication is actually finding an issue with the cheaper / home grown modulation methods.

Regards,
Bevan

KenW6HHC

Post by KenW6HHC » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi Jean-Pierre F6DZP

I have finally upgraded to V0.7b for my MiniTiounerV1 hardware. You mention a new feature in v0.7b that ".grf files are no more indispensable".

This is good news. I have successfully installed V0.7b on a "fresh Win10 64-bit notebook computer". BUT, I see no NewDecod Mpeg2.grf files created inside my MiniTioune folder?

Are GRAPH files still generated by running v0.7b software and available to inspect with GraphStudioNext tool???

Best Regards....de Ken W6HHC

KenW6HHC

Post by KenW6HHC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:15 am

Success….I have sorted out the answer to my previous question in this thread..

1) A .grf file will be saved inside your “minitioune” folder, if you make the following change to the v0.7b .ini file:
; .......................................
;[Directshow_Graph]
; Graph : use of .grf file / utilisation des fichiers .grf
ReadGRF=yes
SaveGRF=yes
AddToROT=no
The saved GRAPH file name will be (for example) “Newdecod Mpeg2MPA.grf”

2) If you want to suggest a modified GRAPH, then insert a GRAPH named
“decod Mpeg2MPA.grf” (for Mpeg2 for example)

3) After my installation of v0.7b…the MiniTioune video displayed on one old 32-bit Win10 notebook computer was “very jerky”. Perhaps only 1 Frame Per Second (FPS). Inspecting the “newdecod Mpeg2MPA.grf” file with the GraphStudioNext tool suggested by the MiniTioune Read-Me file…showed the GRAPH in Figure 01 where the Microsoft CODEC “Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder” - was installed by Win10 OS instead of the expected LAV filter.

Fig 01 – original saved GRAPH showing CODEC “Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder”
Filter was installed by Win10 O/S instead of the expected LAV Decoder
and showed “jerky” video, maybe 1 FPS.

4) By modifying a file called “decod Mpeg2.grf” (from the older v0.6d MiniTioune packed file) and renaming the file name to “decod Mpeg2MPA.grf”, this file was modified as shown in Figure02 and saved inside my minitioune folder. This “decode” GRAPH “suggests” to Win10 O/S to use the LAV filters.

Fig02 - The file called “decod Mpeg2MPA.GRF” now has additional unconnected LAVfilters for video decode and audio decode as "suggestions" to Win10.

5) The updated “Newdecod Mpeg2MPA.grf” GRAPH in Figure 03 now showing the desired LAVfilters CODEC after Fig02 suggested LAVfilters to Win10. The video displayed by MiniTioune v0.7b was now perfect.

Fig03 - The GRAPH built and saved by MiniTioune v0.7b after I
"suggested" LAVfilters to be used by Win10 OS as shown in Figure 02.

Many thanks to Jean Pierre F6DZP for his help to me on CODECs selections for MiniTioune software.

73…de Ken W6HHC

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”