New Minitouner Pro with NIM Fully assembled PCB Nov 2017

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
zg3409

New Minitouner Pro with NIM Fully assembled PCB Nov 2017

Post by zg3409 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 pm

See:
https://boutique.r-e-f.org/kits-et-comp ... c-nim.html
and:
http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=441

* Simultaneous reception of two frequencies between 144MHz and 2450MHz or single frequency mode (= MiniTioune)

* Low speed down to 75 kS / s

* display LCD or OLED frequencies (optional extra I think)

* possibility command by button on the housing of MiniTiounerPro (option/future?)

* Ignition leds to indicate reception1 or acceptance2 OK

* ignitions following 8 lEDs frequency bands used and control up to 8 relay / preamps etc ...

* output from the main TS to an external bus for driving a modulator or an analyzer

* manufacturing 13v or 18v ​​for LNB power supply with 22 kHz + overlay + future orders qqqc

(current supplied 450mA maxi, tested at 270mA constant for 1h, no heating ...)

Main catches, not expected in stock until November 2017
You cannot pre-order without joining French Amateur Society (45 Euro extra)
Presumably additional shipping to non french locations
No case/not designed for a specific enclosure?
Display possibly optional
Requires a computer to decode transport stream over USB 2.0
Joining the REF and getting the required log in is not instant and requires a manual delay.
I recommend using the chrome browser and right click to translate. It seemed to insist on a 5 digit postcode.
They may be limited to 100 or 200 units

g8gtz

Re: New Minitouner Pro with NIM Fully assembled PCB Nov 2017

Post by g8gtz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi Dan,

FYI in a previous post on this topic I said:

We are working with the MiniTiouner Pro team - but...

We see the pro working alongside the standard "BATC" MiniTiouner which we will continue to sell and support as we believe it does everything the "average" ATV operator needs. The additional features in the pro include dual channel receive and DISECQ control, neither of which are needed for normal ATV operation.

Also due to the terrible £ to Euro exchange rate, the pro cost at 68.50 euros (£62) plus a tuner at £27.50 is significantly higher for UK members than buying the BATC parts at £56 plus a few additional components.

Plus as you say, you also need to join REF at 45 euros.

As we announced at CAT17 on Jean Pierre's behalf, (see end of this presentation https://wiki.batc.tv/images/9/94/CAT17_ ... Update.pdf) the new V7 software will run on the current MiniTiouner and offer the lower symbol rates plus we are looking to publish details of a hardware extender with LEDs etc.

So it is business as normal for BATC with MinTiouner and we wish the MiniTiouner Pro team well :-)

73 Noel - G8GTZ

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Waiting to see what's planned before thinking about designing a daughter board. Hopefully the right signals are available on the headers.

Mike

VK5YYY

Post by VK5YYY » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 am

Hi ZG2409,
I thought what you thought...wow, that looks great, can I get one, Jean Pierre has pulled another rabbit out of the hat
After going to the REF website, I couldn't figure out how to join, did the translate thing, that didn't help much, maybe I'm just a dumb aussie
SACRE BLEU
I asked Noel if the BATC would be getting some boards in, who very eloquently said he wishes them well
SACRE BLEU
It seems all the good things in life you have to wait for......Lime Mini......Pluto SDR......Minitouner Pro
SACRE BLEU !!!!!!!
The DATV gods must be angry with me
It's hard to believe that the English channel is only 35kms at it's narrowest point and the world is a global village
Anyway, that's our lot and maybe if we appease the DATV gods they will smile at us and grant us a nice Christmas present
If you did do something Mike that would be great, I hope Jean Pierre would give it his blessing, imitation is the best form of flattery
Cheers Roger

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:38 am

Hi Roger,

Said with true Aussie spirit :-)

Bottom line - it is an REF project and BATC were not involved, which is fine, and I really do hope it succeeds.

The BATC shop only stocks hard to get bits that members can't get anywhere else. So unless it becomes just too difficult to order from REF from outside France and we / they decide it would be a good service to members to stock it, it will probably stay that way...

Struth Sheila - it could be a lot worse, at least you've got a CQ-TV to read this weekend :-)

73 Noel

zg3409

Post by zg3409 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

REF say that people outside of France cannot order using online store. You need to contact them to get quote for postage and then pay by pay or something manually direct to them, so basically manually contact them. Not exact straight forward.

zg3409

Post by zg3409 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Good news.

I have 3 received 3 units. They are fully assembled, except the tuner is not soldered in place.

I have a spare one, so if someone who wants to run a HAMTV ground station is interested, I may consider passing it on.

REF now have them in stock and presumably have fulfilled all the back orders.

There will be a somewhat similar product, from the USA, called the minitouner express, available mid January 2018. I will post up some teasers on another thread.

zg3409

Post by zg3409 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm

I am working on an enclosure, laser cut, I might make the design or extras available at some stage

zg3409

Post by zg3409 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 pm

I was told there are only about 10 kits from France left for sale on the REF website. I see the kits now include multipin cables and connectors, presumably for connecting the optional display and buttons etc.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”