Malware

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
g0mjw

Malware

Post by g0mjw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Is anyone else getting the program install_usrc_ax.exe flagged as Malware ? This is part of MiniTioune. I think I have seen reports of this before as a false positive, but have deleted it, just in case.

Mike

G4EWJ

Re: Malware

Post by G4EWJ » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:01 pm

It happened on the desktop with install_usrc_ax_winXP.exe in v0.6d_pack, but it hasn't complained about the same file on the laptop. I'm running W7 and MS Security Essentials on both.

Brian

g8vpg

Post by g8vpg » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Norton always throws a major alarm with any Minitioune software and has to be manually over-riden and told to trust it at your responsibility.
73 Shaun.

M0YAA

Post by M0YAA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm

it's happening because the file is, in all sense of the description, a trojan. i.e. "A Trojan gives malicious users remote control over the infected computer. They enable the author to do anything they wish on the infected computer –including sending, receiving, launching and deleting files, displaying data and rebooting the computer."

The difference is where as a trojan can be a malicious program, in some cases you want it to "send, receive, launch and delete files, and displaying data" on your computer as that is the whole point of the program.

In all cases if you are 100% certain you've downloaded it from the source and it can't have been affected, such as downloading from a 3rd party website then you should be confident it isn't malicious.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”