MiniTiouner and serit nim

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
G4ZCN

Re: MiniTiouner and Serit NIM

Post by G4ZCN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 am

Hi all,
I recently added the extension pcb and Serit NIM to my minitiouner, unfortunately it now won't display received video. The Tiouner test programme works perfectly displaying all green leds and the standard rx screen locks to the signal giving good constellations, MER etc etc.

Has anyone else had this problem when adding the new NIM + extender pcb?

I will see if I can work out how to upload an image to the Forum and post screenshots of what Minitiuone is displaying.

regards,

Barry
G4ZCN
Barry
G4ZCN
E: b.grylls@ntlworld.com

G4ZCN

Re: MiniTiouner and serit nim

Post by G4ZCN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 am

Pics now attached see below.

Video from the DTX-1 is being received as normal on a FTA satellite rx without any issues

regards,

Barry
Attachments
MTune V0.6 G4ZCN.jpg
MTune V0.6 G4ZCN.jpg (276.74 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
G4ZCN Mtune 270717.jpg
G4ZCN Mtune 270717.jpg (311.45 KiB) Viewed 6129 times
Barry
G4ZCN

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:59 am

If you haven't already, check that TS=2 is set in the minitioune.ini file - probably right at the bottom. The MiniTioune software needs to know which of the 2 transport stream outputs from the NIM to look at.

Brian

; TS1 or TS2 choice for NIM SeritPro 1 or 2
; use: 1 => if you use TS1 ouput 2 => if you use TS2 output
TS=2

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 am

Looks to me like you are receiving the TS but not displaying the video. That's more likely to be a problem with codecs and graphs or even the PID not being set. If you record the TS, can you play it back in VLC?

Mike

G4ZCN

Post by G4ZCN » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am

Firstly thanks both for your replies.

Brian, I will check that the TS is set correctly and let you know.

Mike, I tried to play the TS file in VLC as you suggest but it appears to be blank, no video!

I will check everything once again as it must be something simple hopefully...and just in case I have a set of BATC parts to build the V2 tuner to see if that works...be good to have the original one working too.

best regards,
Barry
Barry
G4ZCN

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:44 am

OK - another possibility is there is a problem with the extender board and one or more of the data lines isn't connected properly or maybe shorted to another one.

Mike

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello,
( I suppose that you are sure of the PIDs given for video and audio)

If you record the TS file, you can try to see the video using VLC,( but it doesn't work) or analyze it with TSreader_lite (free) or OpenEye dvbanalyzer or Cypheros TSPacketViewer or MPEG-2 TS packet analyser ... to be sure that you get TS packets : with "MPEG-2 TS packet analyser" do you see the first byte = 47 at the beginning of packets?

Looking at your screenshots, I can say that your NIM is well locked and receive the TS, but the TS is badly sent to the PC and the packets received by the PC are bad.( the PC reads the bytes but I think that one (more) bit is fixed, due to a bad solder/contact or has a bad value due to a short with another data line.
So, yes, there is a bad contact on one(or more?) TS data line between the NIM and the Minimodule. check TS2- D0 to D7 between the NIM pins and the minimodule pins.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

G4ZCN

Post by G4ZCN » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Jean Pierre,

many thanks for the information, I will have to remove the extender board and start again as I cannot find any badly soldered pins on the NIM etc.

In the meantime I have completed building the V2 Minitiouner which works perfectly well on 23cm and 2m RBDATV which means that the software used on V1 & V2 is fine.

Thanks also to Colin G4KLB, Rob, M0DTS, Mike G0MJW & Brian G4EWJ for information provided in my quest to get the V1 Minitiouner working.

best regards,

Barry
G4ZCN
Barry
G4ZCN

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”