External LNB

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
M1ASR

External LNB

Post by M1ASR » Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 pm

Good Afternoon

I have 2 Minitiouners and a Ryde on each, one for terrestrial and 1 for satellite and they both work fine. I want to add a satellite to my second MiniTioune for a second RX dish. Unfortunately, the second MT has no voltage o/p so I need to use an external Bias-Tee to feed 12v to the LNB. I have done this and checked for volts on the bias tee output and all fine there. However, I am not seeing a signal on the Ryde.

1. I have checked the MT voltage links and they are removed.
2. I have checked the dish signal on MT No1 and MER is 9.5 on the beacon.
3. I have checked both Tuner inputs on the MT and results the same, both work fine on terrestrial.

Before I start getting out my test gear, is there something obvious I'm missing.

Ultimately I would like to use 1 MT input for terrestrial and the other for satellite (will set this up on the Ryde).

Thank you in advance for your comments.

g0mjw

Re: External LNB

Post by g0mjw » Sun May 12, 2024 3:14 pm

The obvious being requiring 18V for the DATV polarisation ? No, that's too simple.

Mike

M1ASR

Re: External LNB

Post by M1ASR » Sun May 12, 2024 6:12 pm

Hi Mike,

No I have a switchable 12/18v H/V switch. I’ve swapped the bias tee and all OK now.

Regards

73, Graham M1ASR

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”