Minitoune Express from USA less than $100 built

Discussion about the MiniTiouner board and the MiniTiouner Digital ATV Receive Software. See also http://www.vivadatv.org/index.php
g0mjw

Re: Minitoune Express from USA less than $100 built

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm

F6DZP wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 am

The BATC kit can also be enhanced to use the new features that Minitioune will offer for the MiniTiouner-pro. (OLED display, GPIO I/O, ...).
Next version of Minitioune will take them in account.
Brilliant. Well done Jean-Pierre

KenW6HHC

Post by KenW6HHC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

I had written that the MiniTiouner-Express is designed for hams world-wide that do not yet own a MiniTiouner unit with DVB-S2 capability. F6DZP responded:
F6DZP wrote
or does not own a MiniTiouner unit with DVB-S2 capability", I think that you don't understand completely how works a MiniTiouner, since 2015 all MiniTiouners built (home brewed or BATC kit ) have DVB-S2 capability.
Yes...I got myself confused. The Serit NIM is needed only to receive DVB-S2 16APSK and 32APSK digital modulations. So earlier MiniTiouner units without Serit NIMs can not receive DVB-S2 16APSK and 32APSK digital modulations.

On the thread of the cost of postage for shipping MiniTiouner-Express hardware from USA:
G0MJW wrote
I must admit the US$33 shipping does sound excessive but I am sure this just reflects what our US friends are charged by the likes of US Mail and UPS…
Yes, I have heard many hams with belief that this shipping cost is excessive to Europe. I can assure you that US$33 is the price charged by US Postal Service for shipping a small box to most of the world.

73...de Ken W6HHC

G8XZD-TV

Post by G8XZD-TV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm

And of course the customs/VAT/handling charges that get added on in the UK.

Return to “The MiniTiouner and MiniTioune Digital Receive Software”