16 by 9 gone after update?

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
g8lce

16 by 9 gone after update?

Post by g8lce » Sun May 08, 2022 8:35 am

It may be age related! but I have just updated the RPi 3+ Portsdown streamer for GB3NQ and all the config was lost. Not a problem really as it is easily re-entered. However I can not get the full screen 16 by 9 back! I am feeding the video via an EasyCap. The standard and widescreen setup both come out as 4 by 3.

Martin G8LCE

PS I have set the Ryde feeding it to output for a 4 by 3 screen to compensate for this.

g8lce

Re: 16 by 9 gone after update?

Post by g8lce » Sun May 08, 2022 10:00 am

I have got 16 by 9 back!
It is not that easy. I connected a waveshare screen and selected it in display settings. Then went to 'start in touchscreen mode' (not streaming) then when the Portsdown touchscreen appears I selected 16:9.
Then I turned off and removed the touchscreen. Went back to SSH console control and selected constant streaming. Here I also selected console display mode. THIS IS WRONG! Leave it as if still connected to the waveshare display and 16 by 9 works!
If you look at the menu using SSH the Display shows as selected. Don't alter this as you end up back to 4 by 3....

Martin G8LCE

PS I found this when looking for a way of reducing the audio gain of the usb mic input. It is on a Portsdown4 screen but not Portsdown 2020 so I still have too much gain!

M5TXJ

Re: 16 by 9 gone after update?

Post by M5TXJ » Mon May 09, 2022 6:25 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that info, now I just need to find a Waveshare to setup at this end.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”